Press Releases - January 2016
- Tsukino-Con announces Kensho Ono as Guest ()
- Sequel to Corpse Party film is slated for production, starring Rina Ikoma of Nogizaka46 ()
- UDON Entertainment Releases Street Fighter Unlimited #5 Covers ()
- Hatoful Boyfriend Creators Make Their First US Appearance in the Bay Area ()
- Anime and Video Game Rapper Lotus Juice Comes to the Bay Area ()
- AOD and Sekai Project Bring Novelist Isuna Hasekura to America ()
- JAST USA Announces Game Pre-orders ()
- Voice Actor John Swasey returns to Matsuricon ()
- VIZ Media Delivers a Brand New Naruto Novel to Readers With the Debut of Naruto: Shikamaru's Story ()
- A First Look Into The Circles of Trillion: God of Destruction's Underworld ()
- “Nurse Witch KOMUGI R” Coming to Anime Network Online ()
- Sentai Filmworks Licenses "Nurse Witch KOMUGI R" ()
- VIZ Media Launches Bisco Hatori's New Shojo Manga Series Behind the Scenes ()
- Bryce Papenbrook to Appear at Castle Point Anime Convention ()
- Major Updates for Popular Tower Defense Game The Battle Cats: Final Chapter of “Into the Future” Arc, New Unit Search Feature ()
- Newest Gundam Series OVA "MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM THE ORIGIN III Dawn of Rebellion" Worldwide On-Demand Streaming Starts ()
- VIZ Media Celebrates the 4th Anniversary of Weekly Shonen Jump With Special Annual Membership Offer and Sweepstakes ()
- Digital Manga Inc.'s Hentai Imprint, Project-H Announces 5 New Titles ()
- MangaGamer Releases Free Friends 2 ()
- Megadimension Neptunia VII Trailer + Two Screenshot Sets ()
- WagakkiBand Coming to the U.S. for SXSW in Celebration of New LP, YASOUOEMAKI ()
- Exclusive live-streaming of VAMPS on Niconico ()
- Japanese Entertainment Properties Coming to the U.S. ()
- Section23 Films Announce May Slate ()
- X Japan Announces World Premiere of Documentary Film 'WE ARE X' ()
- VIZ Media Previews A Pair of New Pokémon Home Media Releases to Start 2016 ()
- Sentai Filmworks Licenses "Strawberry Marshmallow" ()
- Sentai Filmworks Licenses "Azumanga Daioh" ()
- JRPG 'Hitsuji Chronicle' Arrives on Nutaku.net ()
- Sentai Filmworks Licenses, "Knights of Sidonia Season 2: Battle for Planet Nine" ()
- “Phantasy Star Online 2: The Animation” to Stream on Anime Network Online ()
- Anime Network Online to Stream “GATE, Collection 2” ()
- Mamoru Hosoda's "The Boy and The Beast" Opens in U.S. Theaters Nationwide March 4 ()
- Urbangarde Members Launch Book and TV Projects for 2016 ()
- MangaGamer Releases No One But You ()
- MangaGamer Announces Release Date for Beat Blades Haruka ()
- 48 Hours Remaining for Libra of the Vampire Princess Kickstarter ()
- Aniplex of America Announces Distribution Schedule for The Anthem of the Heart (Import) ()
- Aniplex of America Announces Saekano Product Release Details ()
- Aniplex of America Announces DURARARA!!×2 The Second Arc Product Release Details ()
- Aniplex of America Announces Your Lie in April English Dub Cast and Product Release Details ()
- Megadimension Neptunia VII Takes It to the NEXT Level on the PS4, Feb 2 (NA)/Feb 12 (EU) ()
- Matsuricon Teams with Tokyo Attack and Dead State Pavilion to bring unique game experience ()
- "One Piece" and "Borderlands" Voice Actor Brina Palencia is returning to Matsuricon ()
- Atlanta, Georgia is Home to the First Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Event of 2016 ()
- VIZ MEDIA Launches the Courtroom Manga Drama School Judgement: Gakkyu Hotei ()
- Pokémon Celebrates 20 Years with Ad in Super Bowl 50 ()
- Right Stuf, Inc. and Sunrise Inc. Announce Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam Movie Part 2 for April 2016 ()
- Nozomi Entertainment Announces April 2016 Releases ()
- Konami Digital Entertainment Rings in the New Year with Two New Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game Products ()
- SaikouCon Finds New Home in Split Rock Resort ()
- Aniplex of America Announces Theater Details for Kizumonogatari Part 1:Tekketsu ()
- OMAKASE Kicks Off Otakon 2016 Registration with Bundle ()
- “Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle” to Simulcast on Anime Network Online ()
- “Norn9” now Simulcasting on Anime Network Online ()
- “Girls Beyond the Wasteland” now Simulcasting on Anime Network Online ()
- “Girls Beyond the Wasteland” to Simulcast on Hulu ()
- “Norn9” to Simulcast on Hulu ()
- "Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle" to Simulcast Exclusively on Hulu ()
- Funimation Entertainment Begins the New Year with the Launch of Funimation Now at CES 2016 ()
- VIZ Media Announces New Digital Anime Content Update For January ()
- Sentai Filmworks Licenses "Girls Beyond the Wasteland" ()
- Megadimension Neptunia VII NEXT Form Screenshots ()
- Anime Impulse Surprise Convention Attendees by Lowering 1day Price to $11.00 ()
- MangaGamer Announces Release Date for Free Friends 2 ()
- Yousei Teikoku's Shadow Corps(e) Now Available on iTunes USA ()
- Amanda Lee with Concert and Panel at Anime Messe Berlin 2016 ()
- AHS Vocaloids and Chihiro Ishiguro at Anime Messe Berlin 2016 ()
- Urbandgarde's Heisei Death Game MV Features Idols and the Dark Side of Tokyo Youth ()
- Cosplayers Alodia Gosiengfiao and VampyBitMe Announced for Anime Impulse 2016 ()
- CWS Media Group Announces the Release of Street Fighter V Wall Scrolls ()
- Pony Canyon Announces Etotama Collector's Edition 03 Details ()
- UDON Entertainment Releases New Hardcover Editions of Street Fighter Tribute, Mega Man Tribute, and Darkstalkers Tribute ()
- Sentai Filmworks Licenses Phantasy Star Online 2: The Animation ()
- Sentai Filmworks Licenses Norn9 ()
- UDON Entertainment Announces Release of Two Osamu Tezuka Art Books ()
- Sentai Filmworks Licenses Yamishibai: Japanese Ghost Stories ()
- Sentai Filmworks Licenses Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle ()
Some folks find lurid anime sex comedies featuring teenagers like High School DxD deeply offensive, but won't bat an eye at an American live-action sex comedy set in high school. What gives? Justin gets into it. ― Dave asked: Recently an anime company was on facebook promoting an upcoming release of a fanservice heavy show set at a Highschool. The comment section got pretty toxic pretty quickly with...
Paul takes a look at this prequel film that might be better than its source series, along with a breakdown of all this week's new anime releases! ― This week, I learned that those generic plastic Blu-Ray cases are surprisingly resilient. My review copy of No Game, No Life Zero got absolutely pulverized in the mail, to the point where the case now looks like somebody tried really hard to karate chop ...
Beautiful visuals and heartening character work butt up against cheesy dialogue and rushed plotting in the conclusion to ufotable's ambitious JRPG adaptation. ― It's sad to say it, but the second half of the anime adaptation of Tales of Zestiria the X is still suffering from the pacing issues brought about by the inclusion of the Tales of Berseria episodes back in its first cour. What's particularly ...
Mike embarks on a voyage to the Great White North to discover Canada's history of English anime dubs both great and terrible! ― One of the best things about anime being a fairly hot ticket in global entertainment is the multitude of ways it just suddenly shows up, be it in theaters, on TV, or online. Once upon a time, you could keep track of pretty much everything that was being aired and screened in...
We get stories about hapless teens getting spirited away to another world all the time, but what do the native citizens of those fantasy kingdoms think of these interlopers? This quirky light novel series offers their perspective. ― Oh look, another novel about a regular Japanese teenager summoned to a game-like fantasy world as a hero in order to defeat one of those apparently ubiquitous demon lords...
Sometimes scheduling problems lead to recap episodes or unplanned hiatuses, and sometimes they result in an entire show's artwork slipping into insanity. Here are seven of the most memorable animation meltdowns. ― There's a lot of variables that can cause an anime television production to go off schedule and affect the quality of a show. Poor animation quality is not always, or even usually a reflec...
When a traffic accident lands an office worker in the body of an otome game villainess, is there anything she can do to change her fate? Rebecca Silverman finds out. ― If the male-oriented isekai story tends to land our reborn boy protagonist in a position where he becomes the king of his own personal harem, then the female-oriented version is that she gets plopped down in the middle of her favorite ...
In North America we usually bust out the skeletons and draculas in October, but in manga, it seems like summertime is a much spookier season. Deb is ready to explain why! ― Why is Summer considered the season for spooky stories in manga, not Autumn / October like it is in North America? Much as Halloween at the end of October is the holiday that anchors the season for spooks and ghouls in North Amer...
just for fun
ANNCast is back with the audio from our panel at Otakon 2018, featuring special guest Mike Toole! Zac and Mike take a quick tour of 20 years of ANN history, followed by a Q&A session with the audience. ― ANNCast Live at Otakon 2018 ANNCast is back with the audio from our panel at Otakon 2018, featuring special guest Mike Toole! Zac and Mike take a quick tour of 20 years of ANN history, followed by a...
Studio TRIGGER's tokusatsu re-imagining SSSS.GRIDMAN hits this October, and we've got a fun and fascinating in-depth chat with two of the show's staff - animator Masaru Sakamoto and animation director Masato Takeuchi. ― It's a big year for Studio TRIGGER director Akira Amemiya. After helming two well-received short series (the adorable Space Patrol Luluco and the cult smash Inferno Cop), Amemiya has ...
Kazuya Ide, producer for visual effects and animation studio Shirogumi Inc, chats about revisions, his new CG anime from the director of Code Geass, what it takes to put together a CG anime, and the future of animation in Japan. ― Kazuya Ide is a producer for Shirogumi Inc., a visual effects and animation studio in Japan with a decades-long legacy - you've likely seen their work in Shin Godzilla (or ...
Romance and leisure butt heads for the heroine of this grounded and relatable dramedy for adult women. Rebecca Silverman has the details. ― At first blush, Tokyo Alice looks like a manga version of the stereotype that women just love to shop more than anything else in the world. And that is part of what's going on here – Fu Arisugawa is a shopaholic, specifically addicted to brand names and expensive...