Press Releases - April 2007
- Bobobo-Bo Bo-Bobo Vol. 2: Available 5/1 from Westlake Entertainment and Illumitoon ()
- New Japanese Rock CDs from JapanFiles.com ()
- Organic Hobby Releases Kaiyodo's “Revoltech Eva-01 Type F (AFC Experiment),” “Revoltech Toro” ()
- UCI Extension's Anime/Manga Advanced Course Announces Digital Manga Field Trip ()
- T-MODE '07 Takes Its Attendees on Six-Day Japan Anime Travel Tour ()
- Right Stuf's ANIME TODAY: Exclusive Interview with Bandai Visual USA President Mr. Tatsunori Konno ()
- AnimeUSA Announces First Round of Guests ()
- ADV Announces Acquistion of AIR TV Series, AIR Movie ()
- Battle of the Bands at Anime Expo ()
- AAA Anime to Exclusively Distribute Haruhi Character CD Vol.#2 ()
- Fred Gallagher Guest of Honor at the Connichi 2007 in Germany ()
- Viz Media Launches Naruto Nation™ Campaign To Increase Release Rate Of Naruto and Pave Way For Part 2 ()
- Haré+Guu Deluxe Volume One Available May 1st ()
- Toei Animation Licenses Fifth Season of Digimon to Disney ABC Cable Networks Group ()
- Toei Animation Awards Funimation Entertainment DVD Rights to One Piece ()
- Fist of The North Star Collection Figure: Kenshiro – Toki – Warden Uighur – Raoh – Ryuken 4 ½” ()
- Punk Group ketchup mania to Make USA Debut at A-Kon 2007 ()
- New York Anime Festival Announces Programming Manager ()
- EigoMANGA Produces the Anime Pavilion at the Third Annual Asian Heritage Street Celebration ()
- Bishoujo Game "Yume Miru Kusuri :: A Drug That Makes You Dream" Now Shipping ()
- ADV Announces June 26 Releases ()
- Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3(TM) Deluxe Edition Announced ()
- Avril Lavigne on Anime Network Mobile ()
- Anime Expo® 2007 Receives Death Notes ()
- Robotech: The New Generation, Coming to Mobile Phones From Airborne Entertainment ()
- MACHINAE SUPREMACY to Perform Dancing Mad ()
- Florida Supercon (June 22-24, 2007) Adds Rikki Simons, Greg Horn, George Lowe & Dana Snyder ()
- North American Premiere: Tekkonkinkreet at the MoMA ()
- Swinging Popsicle Adds Show In NYC – June 19 ()
- Free Give-Away for San Jose Concert Announced ()
- Viz Media Licenses Naruto™ to Chilevision ()
- ADV Acquires Innocent Venus ()
- Anime Pavilion's Anime Festival ()
- AniRave Music LLC Releases New Album: “Hope” ()
- Anime Evolution Announces 2007 Dates and First Guests ()
- Robotech DVD news ()
- Critical Mass Video Announces July 31 Release of G-TASTE: HEAT WAVE ()
- Right Stuf & Kadokawa Pictures USA Announce THE THIRD, Vol. 1 for July 31 ()
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Logo T-Shirts Available May 29 ()
- Namco Bandai's Most Renowned Ninja Returns to the PlayStation(R)2 in Naruto(TM): Uzumaki Chronicles(TM) 2 ()
- 2EastMusic Hosts Songwriting Workshop at Anime Boston ()
- Namco Bandai's Eureka Seven(TM) Vol. 2: The New Vision(TM) Glides Its Way into Retail ()
- VIZ Media Presents Exciting Properties at 2007 MIPTV ()
- Robotech to Attend 3rd Annual China International Cartoon & Animation Festival ()
- DramaQueen April News ()
- ImaginAsian TV Launches Classic Anime Block with TMS Entertainment ()
- Season Two of Ah! My Goddess Premieres May 3 on Anime Network ()
- VIZ Media Named Master Licensor for Blue Dragon™ Anime Series ()
- “HARO: Tale of the Western Country” Released on DLSite.com ()
- Oreskaband To Attend Anime Expo® 2007 As Official Guests Of Honor ()
- Christina Ricci to Star in Warner Bros. Pictures' and Village Roadshow Pictures' ''Speed Racer'' ()
- Yoshiki and 4 Fini Surge Forward with Multi-Artist Festival, May 25-26 ()
- Viz Pictures Releases Critically Acclaimed Linda Linda Linda On Dvd ()
- FUNimation's FUNiGIRL program - First Party of 2007 at Anime Boston ()
- Bandai Entertainment Inc. Announces Zegapain ()
- Anime Vegas Convention 2007 ()
- DMGI Announces New Kids Video Content Acquisitions ()
- HP Sponsors “ComiIdol 2007” & Voting Starts! ()
- Lamento PVC Statue and CD Sets – CD Details Announced ()
- Seeking Central Florida Cosplayers for an Upcoming Film Project ()
- Diamond & Pearl Prerelease Tournaments ()
- AnimeTV™ Announces a Kiss of Paradise ()
- Platform Animation Festival Announces Films and Installations ()
- NAMCO BANDAI Delivers Team-Based Combat to the PSP in Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Heroes ()
- FanimeCon Announces 5 More Guests ()
- Yamato USA: Creators' Labo #05: Mine Blue #10 (‘See-Through’ White) ()
- FUNimation Channel Adds Anime from Central Park Media ()
- Go! Comi, Diamond Renew Booktrade Agreement ()
- Sakura Matsuri 2007 ()
- VIZ Media Signs New Publishers In Mexico and Brazil for Naruto ()
- DC Anime Club Seeking Artist [Updated] ()
- VIZ Media Announces Manga Debuts for 2Q 2007 ()
- ADV Announces June 12 Releases ()
- UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie Season 3 Premieres on Anime Network ()
- Manga section in the Bristol Comics Expo ()
- Jacon 2007 Announces Guest Lineup ()
- Free Ohio Convention Presented by Anime in Northeast Ohio ()
- Anime Expo Announces Prizes for Pre-Registrants ()
- Aoi House Flash Animation Included On Newtype USA DVD ()
- New CLAMP manga to debut in Newtype USA! ()
- MELL Live in Concert at A-Kon ()
- FanimeCon Announces Lineup for MusicFest 2007 ()
- Bandai Visual USA Announces Release Dates ()
- Anime Boston announces final round of guests ()
- Live Action Akihabara Trilogy Concludes with "Pretty Maid Cafe" in June ()
- ADV Announces June 5 Releases ()
- Kurau Phantom Memory Premieres April 5 on Anime Network! ()
- Anime Expo 2007 Goes Bang Zoom! ()
just for fun
Jacob and Zac chew on Justice League for a while before digging in to your Twitter questions - Evangelion, Kino's Journey, Ancient Magus Bride and a whole lot more! ― ANNCast Episode 311 - New Dominion Thank Police Jacob and Zac chew on Justice League for a while before digging in to your Twitter questions - Evangelion, Kino's Journey, Ancient Magus Bride and a whole lot more! You can listen to the ...
Our 2017 Holiday Gift Guide begins with an enormous gilded mountain of 2017's biggest and brightest DVD and bluray anime releases! ―
What's the difference between letterboxing and pillarboxing? And what are those tiny black borders you see on some old anime that don't have any of that? Justin Sevakis explains. ― Duc asked: Every once in a while, especially when I'm watching an older movie on Blu-ray, I'll see a thin border around the picture. Why is that there? Also, can you explain the difference between pillarboxing and letterb...
Our correspondent saw the live-action Fullmetal Alchemist movie during its world premiere at Anime NYC this weekend - here's her full report, plus comments from the director! ― The live-action Fullmetal Alchemist movie, directed by Fumihiko Sori, made its world premiere at the Tokyo International Film Festival on October 25 and will open in Japan on December 1. Luckily for us, the movie made a specia...
Gabriella revisits the anime adaptation of this hit JRPG to see if it's worth watching on its own merits, while Paul runs down all this week's new releases along with a new king-sized Shelf Obsessed! ― Since in-game purchases seem to be a hot topic in the video game world these days, I figured I'd offer up a potentially obvious piece of advice as someone who's bought and collected all kinds of junk ...
Erina's evolution comes to a head as Soma battles Tsukasa in this exciting volume. Rebecca Silverman has the details. ― Ever since Erina's father Azami Nakiri returned to Totsuki in an orchestrated semi-hostile takeover, the school has been in an uproar. Not only is he trying to remake Japan's culinary world in his own image, but he's also dedicated himself to stamping out what he sees as unnecessary...
The complete manga that inspired the award-winning film is finally available in English. Rose Bridges compares this edition to its adaptation and as a work of historical fiction on its own. ― When I saw the film version of In This Corner of the World at Otakon this year, I was impressed and thrilled, but also struck by its odd plot structure. Nearly all of the film's driving narrative is in the third...
All of the news headlines from this weekend's Anime NYC event in New York City, plus our cosplay galleries and plenty of photos from around the convention floor! ― November 17-19, 2017, New York City Cosplay Galleries Cosplay Gallery Day I Cosplay Gallery Day II Photos From Around The Convention Floor Day One Headlines Viz Media Licenses Mazinger Z Infinity Film Viz Media Licenses That Blue Sky Feel...
With Legend of the Galactic Heroes finally available streaming, it's time to dive into the incredible, sprawling and legendary world of 1980s space opera anime! ― After decades in relative obscurity in the west, HIDIVE began streaming Legend of the Galactic Heroes, a 110-episode OVA space epic that started in 1988. The series languished on shared fansubs for nearly 30 years, likely in part to its gi...
The novel that inspired this season's zodiac-themed battle royale proves that the book isn't always a richer experience than the adaptation. Lynzee Loveridge examines this paper-thin story. ― As an anime fan, it's hard to ignore the works of NisiOisin. The anime adaptation of his Monogatari novels is renowned for the symbiotic relationship between studio Shaft's art style and the author's indulgent c...
Director Tomonori Sudou and Noriko Shitaya, the voice of Sakura, share their feelings on this ambitious movie adaptation of Fate/stay night's final route. ― On November 10th this year, Fate/stay night: Heaven's Feel I. presage flower premiered at the Ace Hotel in downtown Los Angeles to thunderous excitement from attending fans, one week before it would open in theaters across the USA. We sat down wi...
It's time for a speed round! Netflix original anime, Japanese daylight savings time, anime spinoff justification and much more! ― Looking at the Answerman inbox, it looks like it's time for another one of these. Samuel asks: Does Japan observe Daylight Savings? Please be more broad than a simple YES or NO. No. Heh, sorry, couldn't resist. The answer is still "no, and they never have." Every once in ...
Our FATE FRIDAYS feature continues with the mythic inspirations between the heroes of Fate/Zero. How do characters like Alexander the Great and Gilles de Rais compare to their real-world counterparts? ― Welcome back to our compendium on the legends behind Type-Moon's hit Fate franchise! Part one was all about Fate/stay Night, and you can read it here. This time, I'll be covering F/SN's prequel series...
The first movie in this two-part shojo adaptation beautifully realizes a bygone era in both Japanese history and classic manga. Kim Morrissy reviews this uniquely charming romance film. ― Haikara-san ga Tōru translates roughly to “Here comes a modern woman,” but the film itself is a blast from the past. It's an adaptation of a 1970s shojo manga, which was set in the Japan of the 1920s. Even the origi...