Press Releases - April 2007
- Bobobo-Bo Bo-Bobo Vol. 2: Available 5/1 from Westlake Entertainment and Illumitoon ()
- New Japanese Rock CDs from JapanFiles.com ()
- Organic Hobby Releases Kaiyodo's “Revoltech Eva-01 Type F (AFC Experiment),” “Revoltech Toro” ()
- UCI Extension's Anime/Manga Advanced Course Announces Digital Manga Field Trip ()
- T-MODE '07 Takes Its Attendees on Six-Day Japan Anime Travel Tour ()
- Right Stuf's ANIME TODAY: Exclusive Interview with Bandai Visual USA President Mr. Tatsunori Konno ()
- AnimeUSA Announces First Round of Guests ()
- ADV Announces Acquistion of AIR TV Series, AIR Movie ()
- Battle of the Bands at Anime Expo ()
- Punk Group ketchup mania to Make USA Debut at A-Kon 2007 ()
- AAA Anime to Exclusively Distribute Haruhi Character CD Vol.#2 ()
- Fred Gallagher Guest of Honor at the Connichi 2007 in Germany ()
- Viz Media Launches Naruto Nation™ Campaign To Increase Release Rate Of Naruto and Pave Way For Part 2 ()
- Haré+Guu Deluxe Volume One Available May 1st ()
- Toei Animation Licenses Fifth Season of Digimon to Disney ABC Cable Networks Group ()
- Toei Animation Awards Funimation Entertainment DVD Rights to One Piece ()
- Fist of The North Star Collection Figure: Kenshiro – Toki – Warden Uighur – Raoh – Ryuken 4 ½” ()
- New York Anime Festival Announces Programming Manager ()
- EigoMANGA Produces the Anime Pavilion at the Third Annual Asian Heritage Street Celebration ()
- Bishoujo Game "Yume Miru Kusuri :: A Drug That Makes You Dream" Now Shipping ()
- ADV Announces June 26 Releases ()
- Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3(TM) Deluxe Edition Announced ()
- Avril Lavigne on Anime Network Mobile ()
- Anime Expo® 2007 Receives Death Notes ()
- Robotech: The New Generation, Coming to Mobile Phones From Airborne Entertainment ()
- MACHINAE SUPREMACY to Perform Dancing Mad ()
- Florida Supercon (June 22-24, 2007) Adds Rikki Simons, Greg Horn, George Lowe & Dana Snyder ()
- North American Premiere: Tekkonkinkreet at the MoMA ()
- Swinging Popsicle Adds Show In NYC – June 19 ()
- Free Give-Away for San Jose Concert Announced ()
- Viz Media Licenses Naruto™ to Chilevision ()
- ADV Acquires Innocent Venus ()
- Anime Pavilion's Anime Festival ()
- AniRave Music LLC Releases New Album: “Hope” ()
- Anime Evolution Announces 2007 Dates and First Guests ()
- Robotech DVD news ()
- Critical Mass Video Announces July 31 Release of G-TASTE: HEAT WAVE ()
- Right Stuf & Kadokawa Pictures USA Announce THE THIRD, Vol. 1 for July 31 ()
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Logo T-Shirts Available May 29 ()
- Namco Bandai's Most Renowned Ninja Returns to the PlayStation(R)2 in Naruto(TM): Uzumaki Chronicles(TM) 2 ()
- Robotech to Attend 3rd Annual China International Cartoon & Animation Festival ()
- 2EastMusic Hosts Songwriting Workshop at Anime Boston ()
- Namco Bandai's Eureka Seven(TM) Vol. 2: The New Vision(TM) Glides Its Way into Retail ()
- VIZ Media Presents Exciting Properties at 2007 MIPTV ()
- “HARO: Tale of the Western Country” Released on DLSite.com ()
- DramaQueen April News ()
- ImaginAsian TV Launches Classic Anime Block with TMS Entertainment ()
- Season Two of Ah! My Goddess Premieres May 3 on Anime Network ()
- VIZ Media Named Master Licensor for Blue Dragon™ Anime Series ()
- Oreskaband To Attend Anime Expo® 2007 As Official Guests Of Honor ()
- Christina Ricci to Star in Warner Bros. Pictures' and Village Roadshow Pictures' ''Speed Racer'' ()
- Yoshiki and 4 Fini Surge Forward with Multi-Artist Festival, May 25-26 ()
- Viz Pictures Releases Critically Acclaimed Linda Linda Linda On Dvd ()
- FUNimation's FUNiGIRL program - First Party of 2007 at Anime Boston ()
- Bandai Entertainment Inc. Announces Zegapain ()
- Anime Vegas Convention 2007 ()
- DMGI Announces New Kids Video Content Acquisitions ()
- HP Sponsors “ComiIdol 2007” & Voting Starts! ()
- Lamento PVC Statue and CD Sets – CD Details Announced ()
- Seeking Central Florida Cosplayers for an Upcoming Film Project ()
- Diamond & Pearl Prerelease Tournaments ()
- AnimeTV™ Announces a Kiss of Paradise ()
- Platform Animation Festival Announces Films and Installations ()
- NAMCO BANDAI Delivers Team-Based Combat to the PSP in Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Heroes ()
- FanimeCon Announces 5 More Guests ()
- Yamato USA: Creators' Labo #05: Mine Blue #10 (‘See-Through’ White) ()
- FUNimation Channel Adds Anime from Central Park Media ()
- Go! Comi, Diamond Renew Booktrade Agreement ()
- Sakura Matsuri 2007 ()
- VIZ Media Signs New Publishers In Mexico and Brazil for Naruto ()
- VIZ Media Announces Manga Debuts for 2Q 2007 ()
- ADV Announces June 12 Releases ()
- UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie Season 3 Premieres on Anime Network ()
- DC Anime Club Seeking Artist [Updated] ()
- Manga section in the Bristol Comics Expo ()
- Jacon 2007 Announces Guest Lineup ()
- Free Ohio Convention Presented by Anime in Northeast Ohio ()
- Anime Expo Announces Prizes for Pre-Registrants ()
- Aoi House Flash Animation Included On Newtype USA DVD ()
- New CLAMP manga to debut in Newtype USA! ()
- Live Action Akihabara Trilogy Concludes with "Pretty Maid Cafe" in June ()
- MELL Live in Concert at A-Kon ()
- FanimeCon Announces Lineup for MusicFest 2007 ()
- Bandai Visual USA Announces Release Dates ()
- Anime Boston announces final round of guests ()
- ADV Announces June 5 Releases ()
- Kurau Phantom Memory Premieres April 5 on Anime Network! ()
- Anime Expo 2007 Goes Bang Zoom! ()
Sometimes scheduling problems lead to recap episodes or unplanned hiatuses, and sometimes they result in an entire show's artwork slipping into insanity. Here are seven of the most memorable animation meltdowns. ― There's a lot of variables that can cause an anime television production to go off schedule and affect the quality of a show. Poor animation quality is not always, or even usually a reflec...
When a traffic accident lands an office worker in the body of an otome game villainess, is there anything she can do to change her fate? Rebecca Silverman finds out. ― If the male-oriented isekai story tends to land our reborn boy protagonist in a position where he becomes the king of his own personal harem, then the female-oriented version is that she gets plopped down in the middle of her favorite ...
In North America we usually bust out the skeletons and draculas in October, but in manga, it seems like summertime is a much spookier season. Deb is ready to explain why! ― Why is Summer considered the season for spooky stories in manga, not Autumn / October like it is in North America? Much as Halloween at the end of October is the holiday that anchors the season for spooks and ghouls in North Amer...
just for fun
ANNCast is back with the audio from our panel at Otakon 2018, featuring special guest Mike Toole! Zac and Mike take a quick tour of 20 years of ANN history, followed by a Q&A session with the audience. ― ANNCast Live at Otakon 2018 ANNCast is back with the audio from our panel at Otakon 2018, featuring special guest Mike Toole! Zac and Mike take a quick tour of 20 years of ANN history, followed by a...
Studio TRIGGER's tokusatsu re-imagining SSSS.GRIDMAN hits this October, and we've got a fun and fascinating in-depth chat with two of the show's staff - animator Masaru Sakamoto and animation director Masato Takeuchi. ― It's a big year for Studio TRIGGER director Akira Amemiya. After helming two well-received short series (the adorable Space Patrol Luluco and the cult smash Inferno Cop), Amemiya has ...
Kazuya Ide, producer for visual effects and animation studio Shirogumi Inc, chats about revisions, his new CG anime from the director of Code Geass, what it takes to put together a CG anime, and the future of animation in Japan. ― Kazuya Ide is a producer for Shirogumi Inc., a visual effects and animation studio in Japan with a decades-long legacy - you've likely seen their work in Shin Godzilla (or ...
Romance and leisure butt heads for the heroine of this grounded and relatable dramedy for adult women. Rebecca Silverman has the details. ― At first blush, Tokyo Alice looks like a manga version of the stereotype that women just love to shop more than anything else in the world. And that is part of what's going on here – Fu Arisugawa is a shopaholic, specifically addicted to brand names and expensive...
Revue Starlight jumps 14 PLACES on the chart to challenge Attack on Titan for the throne! Find out how your favorite shows performed in our weekly user rankings. ― Our team of reviewers are following 27 anime series of the Summer 2018 season and readers are rating each episode as the reviews go up. So let's have a look at what ANN readers consider the best (and worst) of the season. Keep in mind tha...
J.C. Staff megaproducer Yuji Matsukura has over 120 anime titles to his name, from Food Wars to A Certain Magical Index - so when fans lined up to ask him questions at Otakon 2018, the results were unpredictable - and fascinating! ― Food Wars fans came in droves to J.C. Staff producer Yuji Matsukura's panel at Otakon this year in Washington, DC. Matsukura is a legendary producer, with 120 titles unde...
There's some unsettling news coming out of visual novel publisher Sekai Project right now - Heidi files some editorial commentary on what we might expect. PLUS: Zelda-flavored Diablo on Switch, Fist of the North Star and more! ― Hey, you know what makes any day more exciting? A whole lot of exploding Fist of the North Star heads. Thanks, Sega! Now that we've had our dose of Kenshiro, let's move on to...
Hanebado! came on strong as the world's most melodramatic badminton anime, but has it taken those heights of angst too far? Micchy and Steve hang on for dear life through this series' wild mood swings. ― Hanebado! came on strong as the world's most melodramatic badminton anime, but has it taken those heights of angst too far? This week, Micchy and Steve hang on for dear life through this series' wild...
In the growing catalogue of LGBTQ+ manga, That Blue Sky Feeling's thoughtful tone and respect for its characters makes it a must-read. Rebecca Silverman has the details. ― Rumors are the lifeblood of many a school or workplace. Sometimes there's nothing malicious behind them, but other times the rumors can be socially or emotionally devastating to their subjects. That's what Dai Noshiro is convinced ...
The director of the international phenomenon known as Fate/Grand Order talks about the last year of incredible success, what the English playerbase has been like, plus some insight from Saber herself, Ayako Kawasumi! ― At nearly every major anime convention these days your eyeballs will be greeted by massive, city-carpeting advertisements for Aniplex's massive Fate/Grand Order mobile game, which laun...
You may not have read any of Morimi's novels yet, but you've probably seen one - and it likely blew your mind! From The Tatami Galaxy to The Eccentric Family, Kim Morrissy celebrates the incredible anime adaptations of one exceptional Japanese novelist. ― If you're a fan of the anime director Masaaki Yuasa, then you've probably come across the novelist Tomihiko Morimi in some form. The Tatami Galaxy ...
Shocking revelations about Isao Takahata's treatment of his staff in Toshio Suzuki's recent book have some fans asking: what are we supposed to think of his films and his legacy now? Justin considers the angles. ― Fartball asked: Isao Takahata was one of my favorite anime directors, and I was heartbroken when he died a few months ago. Now Ghibli's producer Toshio Suzuki is saying Takahata was an awf...
The Promised Neverland runs through a dazzling series of twists and betrayals in its pulse-pounding third volume. Nick Creamer has the details. ― The Promised Neverland hits the ground running in its third volume, opening with new allies Gilda and Don staging a daring and likely ill-advised break-in of Isabella's secret room. Their extremely rash choice leads to both discord within the main group and...