Press Releases - July 2006
- DrMaster Reforges The Blood Sword ()
- The FUNimation Channel Launches on Verizon FiOS TV on August 1 ()
- Seven Seas Announces Kashimashi & 3 Other Japanese Licenses ()
- Eureka Seven Wins 2 SPJA Awards at AX ()
- Anime Evolution Announces Updated List of Guests ()
- Madman Releases Eureka Seven ()
- Wallace & Gromit, Musical Concerts Invade San Francisco ()
- Anime at Gen Con Indy ()
- Mamoru Oshii's Tachiguishi Retsuden at 63. Venice Film Festival ()
- Italian Yaoi Coming to USA ()
- 4Kids TV Celebrates Fifth Season on Fox ()
- ADV Announces September 12 Releases ()
- Broccoli Books Acquires E'S ()
- 4Kids' Most In-Demand Properties Go On Demand with New 4Kids TV VOD Channel ()
- AnimeFest Music Guest of Honor Announced ()
- ImaginAsian TV Secures Houston Carriage Agreement ()
- Atlus USA Announces Battle B-Daman: Fire Spirits! for the Game Boy Advance ()
- Sony BMG Unveils Transformers Movie 20th Anniversarry Edition ()
- Turner Broadcasting's GameTap Gets Animated With the Premiere of Computer Lab ()
- Viz Media Inks Deals with Cartoon Network Latin America for New Animation from Japan ()
- G4 and Toyota Partner to Create First Yaris Comic-Car ()
- Atari Ships Most Intense Dragon Ball Z Fighting Game To Date ()
- Hello Kitty Upgrades Online Community ()
- GDH to Unveil Afro Samurai at Comic-Con ()
- MTAC Prime Guest Announcement ()
- Sneak Peek of All-New Speed Racer Animated Webtoons, Video Game, Soundtrack, Toy Line at Comic-Con ()
- ADV Announces September 5 Releases ()
- uclick brings Manga and Anime Hit Guilstein to Mobile Phones ()
- Konami and Tokyopop Announce Mobile Gaming Partnership ()
- Massive Magazine to Collaborate with Sony Online Entertainment to Distribute Exclusive Gaming DVD ()
- Azumi Arrives in Theatres Nationwide ()
- ADV Announces Final Godannar on August 29th ()
- The Make-A-Wish Foundation of Michigan and Tokyopop Join Hands ()
- eigoManga Heads To Comic-Con ()
- Four Series To Be Re-priced and Re-released In September ()
- UART Partners with Broccoli for North American Distribution and Promotion ()
- JRHorse Side Project Opens Poster Model Program to Everyone ()
- Region Free to hold shikishi auction at Comic-Con ()
- FUNimation Announces The Biggest, Baddest Dragon Ball Z Giveaway on Earth ()
- Two Book Signings with Makoto Tateno in the LA metro area ()
- Yoshitaka Amano at Comic-Con ()
- PLAY! Symphony Performed Live by the National Symphony Orchestra ()
- From The O.C. to the Tokyopop Manga Revolution Comes My Dead Girlfriend ()
- Kawaii Kon 2007 Announces Location and Dates ()
- ADV Announces Final Shadow Skill on August 22nd ()
- ICE Kunion to give away Angel Diary Original Painting at SDCC ()
- JoyRide brings FMA TCG, Halo to San Diego ()
- Ikki Tousen Author to Appear at Comic-Con ()
- AN Entertainment Schedules Har é+Guu DVD 4 ()
- Viz Media Welcoms Renowned Manga Creators to Comic-Con ()
- ADV Announces August 15 Releases ()
- Mikomicon Now Accepting Online Registration ()
- ADV Announces August 8 Releases ()
- UDON smashes into Comic-Con ()
- The First Manga Convention in the United States: MangaNEXT ()
- Beet the Vandel Buster Coming to US ()
- Anime South Announces Guests ()
- Broccoli Books Acquires Galaxy Angel II and Kon Kon Kokon ()
- Negadon: The Monster from Mars Attacks Texas ()
- Girls Bravo - 5” Trading Figure ()
- The WaSabi Code" Puzzle Game comes to Anime Festival Orlando 7 ()
- Right Stuf Launches Special Anime Expo 2006 Anime Today ()
- Seven Seas Launches 3 New Webmanga ()
- Right Stuf Announces Ninja Nonsense 2, New Thinpak Collections,and More ()
- Super Dragon Ball Z Goes Gold ()
- Digital Manga AX License Announcements ()
- Bandai Entertainment Acquires Witchblade Takeru Anime Manga ()
- SITACon Announced ()
- Go! Comi Anime Expo Announcements ()
- More Figures from Organic Hobby ()
- Anime Network Premieres "This Ugly Yet Beautiful World" ()
- Over 41,000 attendees at Anime Expo 2006 ()
- Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences Invites 120 to Membership ()
- Yasahiro Koshi Teams with TenBu Productions for Cove, Pirate Mercenary ()
- New Titles Announced at AnimeCon 2006 ()
- Anime Expo 2006 Smashes Record Attendance ()
- Japan's leading English news site revolutionizes manga ()
- Anime Expo 2006 Surpasses All Previous Attendee Records by 2nd Day ()
- Records Break as Over 30,000 Attendees Take Over the Anaheim Convention Center ()
- Anaheim Convention Center Experiences an Explosion as Anime Expo Begins ()
Loading next article...
Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo may rule the market now, but many other companies have tried their hand at breaking into the gaming console market. Here are just a few of the more notorious flops. ― Today's gaming scene is dominated by three major console manufacturers: Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo. The landscape is a lot different than when I was a kid, plugging away at Super Mario World on the SNES...
In advance of a second season, Gen Urobuchi and the master puppeteers at PiLi have delivered a movie recounting the villainous origins of the Screaming Phoenix Killer. Nick Creamer finds out if this series has lost any magic in film form. ― It was a great surprise to learn that Gen Urobuchi, star writer of hits like Madoka Magica and Fate/Zero, would be working on a collaborative series of Taiwanese ...
just for fun
It's not so relaxed anymore - Laid-Back Camp leaps up 8 PLACES on the chart to dominate this week in user episode rankings! ― Our team of reviewers are following 28 anime series of the Winter 2018 season and readers are rating each episode as the reviews go up. So let's have a look at what ANN readers consider the best (and worst) of the season. Keep in mind that these rankings are based on how peop...
They seem a lot more complex than regular DVD subtitles - how exactly do they get subtitles on bluray discs? Justin has the shockingly complex answer. ― John asked: What are the technical differences between creating subtitles for DVDs and Blu-ry Discs? And were HD-DVDs any better or worse? Subtitles are a pain in the ass. No other part of making a DVD or Blu-ray is as complicated, error-prone, or a...
Part II of our GAINAX tour charts the studio's late-80s rollercoaster ride through incredible success and heartbreaking failure with Nadia, Gunbuster, and The Wings of Honneamise. ― Welcome to Part II of our 4-part history of Studio Gainax. If you missed part I, you can find it right here! Studio GAINAX was one of the first studios to bring together merchandising and anime production under one roof. ...
To celebrate the upcoming Anime Awards, Crunchyroll is excited to announce its partnership with Twitch to exclusively livestream the awards ceremony, live from Hollywood. ― To celebrate the Anime Awards, Crunchyroll is excited to announce its partnership with Twitch to exclusively livestream the awards ceremony, live from Hollywood at at 6:00PM PST on Saturday, February 24th. Follow Crunchyroll's Tw...
Warner Bros. live-action FMA movie has finally arrived on Netflix to surprisingly little fanfare. We discover why this particular project didn't get the U.S. theatrical attention of its peers. ― Warner Bros. live-action FMA film has finally arrived on Netflix to surprisingly little fanfare. This week in anime, Nick and Jacob discover why this particular project didn't get the U.S. theatrical attentio...
Attack on Titan's Bryce Papenbrook and Kill la Kill's David Vincent sit down for a chat about their new approach to connecting fans and voice actors. ― Fans may recognize veteran voice actors Bryce Papenbrook (Attack on Titan, Sword Art Online) and David Vincent (Fate/Zero, Kill La Kill) from their work in a number of anime and video game series, but the two have a unique off-screen collaboration, as...
Heidi takes the Secret of Mana remake for a spin, plus Namco's Catalog IP project, Metal Gear Survive, Dragon Ball FighterZ DLC and a whole lot more! ― It's another one of those slow news weeks, which means I can take a bit of space in this column to babble about something I'm particularly interested in. This week, I've got the perfect excuse to talk about two things I really like: the mobile game Go...
The final arc in the Utena saga has arrived on blu-ray, alongside the opulent Adolescence of Utena film. Rebecca Silverman looks back on how this classic concluded. ― With this final arc of the Revolutionary Girl Utena narrative, the story throws all subtlety out the window. That's not strictly a negative in terms of getting the most out of everything the series has built up, because when the visuals...
Wow! Hundreds of millions of dollars are flowing into the anime industry thanks to streaming! Is any of that money going to the people who actually make anime? Justin gets into it. ― Custom Gundam asked: With ANN recently reporting that Crunchyroll royalties to the Japanese industry exceed US $100 million and also the huge amount recieved from global companies like Netflix and Amazon and also the va...
Take a journey back in time with Daryl Surat, when many people were introduced to anime through heartwarming films like My Neighbor Totoro and Grave of the Fireflies. But what forgotten gems lie sleeping in this long-ago year? ― Every so often, I get questions regarding what the value is in observing what works of popular culture remain worth watching, decades after their creation. But nearly three m...
This beloved 2000s megahit is the newest to get a live-action update to the big screen, now available on Netflix after its theatrical run in Japan. Theron Martin finds out if this movie can live up to fans' expectations. ― Fullmetal Alchemist was one of the most popular and successful anime/manga franchises of the 2000s, so the only surprise surrounding this live-action adaptation might be that it di...