Press Releases - April 2014
- HTOL#NIQ Hotaru no Nikki Available for Pre-order ()
- Arcana Heart 3: LOVE MAX!!!! Coming to US ()
- Arakawa Under the Bridge x Bridge Standard Edition Out Now ()
- Production I.G. Partners with Anirevo to Celebrate the Culture of Japan and Japanimation ()
- Hunter X Hunter Returns to North America in the Pages of Digital Anthology Weekly Shonen Jump ()
- XSEED Games Confirms Ragnarok Odyssey ACE Demo Date, Launches Free Soul Sacrifice Crossover DLC ()
- 2014 J-pop Summit Festival in S.F. Announces First Guest of Honor & Previews Programming ()
- SaikouCon 2014 Signs The Asterplace to Perform at Cosplay Concert ()
- Perfect Square To Release Three Pokemon Manga Box Sets This Fall ()
- Luna Haruna making her first appearance at AnimeNEXT 2014 ()
- Sentai Filmworks Licenses "Black Bullet" ()
- Production I.G Announces Keiichi Hara New Animated Feature Film Miss Hokusai ()
- Explore the East at MCM London Comic Con; JapanEx Expands and Rebrands as PopAsia ()
- Good Smile Company Open Preorders for Mikasa and Sakura to Fans Worldwide ()
- MangaGamer Announces Lapis Gunner ()
- MangaGamer Announces New Release ()
- Sentai Filmworks Licenses "Captain Earth" ()
- Otakon 2014 Welcomes Producer, Director, and Musician Hiroaki Yura ()
- Otakon 2014 to Feature Manga-ka and Character Designer Yusuke Kozaki ()
- Get Inside Mind Zero! Web Diary Now Available ()
- Blazblu Chrono Phantasma Now Available On PlayStation® Network in Select Countries ()
- Pokémon TV App Now Available for Kindle Fire ()
- Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game Primal Origin Coming Soon ()
- Sentai Filmworks Licenses "No Game, No Life" ()
- Hentai Festival by Project-H at Anime Expo 2014 ()
- Beherit -2014 Wood Carving Version- ()
- eigoMANGA Launches Indiegogo Campaign For A Vanguard Princess Netplay DLC ()
- Demon Gaze out Today in North America ()
- Section23 Films Announces August Slate ()
- Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series at the Pennsylvania Convention Center May 17th - 18th ()
- Viz Media's World Trigger Debuting this Fall ()
- Sword Art Online II Set for Worldwide Simulcast ()
- Sentai Filmworks Licenses "Is the Order a Rabbit?" ()
- Aniplex of America and Bang Zoom Entertainment to Host Open Auditions for Magi 2 ()
- SaikouCon 2014 Parties It Up at Zenkaikon 2014, April 25-27 ()
- Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game Duelist Portfolio and Legendary Card Sleeves Coming Soon ()
- Yen Press Announces New Licenses and Light Novel Initiative at Sakura-Con ()
- DAISUKI.net to Simulcast "M3 that dark metal" Worldwide ()
- American Voice Actor J. Michael Tatum to Attend FanimeCon 2014 as Guest of Honor ()
- Leap Into the World of Manga With New Weekly Shonen Jump "Jump Pack" ()
- May'n Returns to Los Angeles for Special Show at Musicians Institute ()
- Toei Animation Teams With Japanese Pop Star Yoshiki For Saint Seiya Movie Theme Song ()
- Tiger & Bunny The Movie: The Rising Premieres in Canadian Theaters this June ()
- FanimeCon Welcomes Voice Actress Kira Buckland to FanimeCon 2014 ()
- Actress Mary Elizabeth McGlynn & Trifecta for Zenkaikon ()
- Konami to Release Dragons of Legend Booster Set for Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game ()
- Johnny Yong Bosch and Eyeshine coming to Anime Midwest ()
- Sentai Filmworks Licenses "The Comic Artist and His Assistants" ()
- Actress, Singer, and Writer Chantal Strand to Attend FanimeCon 2014 as Guest of Honor ()
- Godzilla Screening in Los Angeles with Director Appearance ()
- Berserk: The Golden Age Arc III - The Advent on DVD/Blu-Ray ()
- Konami Announces New Information for Yu-Gi-Oh! Millennium Duels ()
- FanimeCon Welcomes Raj Ramayya to MusicFest for FanimeCon 2014 ()
- Nyaruko: Crawling with Love!Season 1 Premium Edition Now Available for Purchase ()
- Neon Alley Debuts SciFi Action Anime Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet Today for Free ()
- Sentai Filmworks Licenses "Kamigami no Asobi" ()
- Sentai Filmworks Licenses "Love Lab" ()
- Anime Central to Host Wake Up, Girls! Voice Actress Group ()
- Arakawa Under the Bridge x Bridge to Release in Standard Edition Form in North America ()
- Edge of Tomorrow Official Movie Tie-In Novel and All You Need Is Kill Original Graphic Novel Release ()
- BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma for PSV Available 6/24 ()
- Chris Patton Coming to Arch Anime ()
- Reproduction Art Prints from Manga "Dragon Ball: The Complete Edition" Debut Overseas ()
- SaikouCon 2014 Closes Vendor Registration Three Months Before Deadline ()
- Madman Acquisitions Announcement Supanova Melbourne ()
- Welcome Spring w/ New VIZ Media Digital Manga - Millennium Snow, One-Punch Man Exclusive, and More ()
- Dai-3-Ji Super Robot Taisen Z Jigoku-hen- is Available on Play-Asia.com ()
- Hakuoki: Stories of the Shinsengumi Website Updated ()
- Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Las Vegas This Weekend ()
- Ciel Phantomhive & Sebastian Michaelis Xtra by Tsume available ()
- Anime-Planet.com Partners with Viki to Provide Global Anime Video Integration ()
- Kanojo ga Flag wo Oraretara (If Her Flag Breaks) Announced For North American Retail Release and Streaming ()
- Stories of Modern Manga Kickstarter Launched ()
- Todd Haberkorn Coming to Chicago Anime Con in December ()
- Nozomi Entertainment Announces the DVD Release of CAT'S EYE Season 1 ()
- "Jinx" Voice Actor Invades Matsuricon 2014 ()
- Kodansha Comics Announce New Title: The Heroic Legend of Arslan ()
- Konami Announces Winners of Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Mexico City ()
- Festival Vibe at London Anime & Gaming Con this 5-6 July ()
- NIS America - Love Live! School Idol Project (2nd Season) Acquired and Streaming on Crunchyroll ()
- Anime Evolution, Vancover Gaming Expo, and Cos & Effect Merge into Northwest Fan Fest ()
- J-Pop Summit Festival Returns to San Francisco ()
- Anime USA Welcomes J. Michael Tatum ()
- Aniplex of America to Release Persona3: The Movie #1 Spring of Birth This May ()
- Sentai Filmworks to Dub "Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions!" ()
- DAISUKI.net: Simulcast/Streaming Line-Up for April ()
- Knights of Sidonia to Premiere April 11 - Only on Madman Screening Room ()
- Pokémon Expands its Animation Offerings and Reach Around the World ()
- Animator and Director Hiroyuki Kanbe to Attend FanimeCon 2014 as Guest of Honor ()
- Knights of Sidonia to Premiere April 11 ()
- Hanabee Entertainment Licenses Toradora! Dub Release ()
- Hanabee Entertainment Presents Beyond the Boundary Maid Café ()
- Hanabee Entertainment Licenses Beyond the Boundary ()
- Yoshiki Expands His First Ever Classical World Tour Adding Dates in Taipei, Tokyo, and Osaka ()
- Hyperdimension Neptunia: Producing Perfection to Hit North America and Europe in June ()
- ANIMAX UK Exclusive Spring Simulcast Content ()
- Shinichi "Nabeshin" Watanabe Coming to Con Alt Delete ()
- Chains of Lust Available July 1, 2014 ()
- FanimeCon Announces Home Made Kazoku as Headlining Act for MusicFest ()
- Viz Media's Haikasoru Imprint Celebrate the 15th Anniversary of Battle Royale ()
- Aniplex of America launches Aniplex+ Online Store ()
- Get ready for MCM Ireland Comic Con! (RDS Dublin, 12-13 April) ()
- NAtURAL DOCtRINE Set for Release in North America and Europe ()
- Arcana Heart 3 Love Max Pre-Order ()
- Anime Midwest Announces Akinori Isobe and Masumi Kano ()
- BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Now Available on PlayStation®Network ()
- XSEED Games Launches Ragnarok Odyssey Ace Exclusively on Playstation 3 and Playstation Vita ()
- Metal Gear Solid Artworks Collection, with Yôji Shinkawa ()
- VIZ Media's Neon Alley Begins a New Era for Digital Anime and Delivers the Best in Free Dynamic Programming ()
- Yoshiki Performs Classical Piano Duel with Hologram of Himself at SXSW ()
Revue Starlight jumps 14 PLACES on the chart to challenge Attack on Titan for the throne! Find out how your favorite shows performed in our weekly user rankings. ― Our team of reviewers are following 27 anime series of the Summer 2018 season and readers are rating each episode as the reviews go up. So let's have a look at what ANN readers consider the best (and worst) of the season. Keep in mind tha...
J.C. Staff megaproducer Yuji Matsukura has over 120 anime titles to his name, from Food Wars to A Certain Magical Index - so when fans lined up to ask him questions at Otakon 2018, the results were unpredictable - and fascinating! ― Food Wars fans came in droves to J.C. Staff producer Yuji Matsukura's panel at Otakon this year in Washington, DC. Matsukura is a legendary producer, with 120 titles unde...
There's some unsettling news coming out of visual novel publisher Sekai Project right now - Heidi files some editorial commentary on what we might expect. PLUS: Zelda-flavored Diablo on Switch, Fist of the North Star and more! ― Hey, you know what makes any day more exciting? A whole lot of exploding Fist of the North Star heads. Thanks, Sega! Now that we've had our dose of Kenshiro, let's move on to...
Hanebado! came on strong as the world's most melodramatic badminton anime, but has it taken those heights of angst too far? Micchy and Steve hang on for dear life through this series' wild mood swings. ― Hanebado! came on strong as the world's most melodramatic badminton anime, but has it taken those heights of angst too far? This week, Micchy and Steve hang on for dear life through this series' wild...
In the growing catalogue of LGBTQ+ manga, That Blue Sky Feeling's thoughtful tone and respect for its characters makes it a must-read. Rebecca Silverman has the details. ― Rumors are the lifeblood of many a school or workplace. Sometimes there's nothing malicious behind them, but other times the rumors can be socially or emotionally devastating to their subjects. That's what Dai Noshiro is convinced ...
The director of the international phenomenon known as Fate/Grand Order talks about the last year of incredible success, what the English playerbase has been like, plus some insight from Saber herself, Ayako Kawasumi! ― At nearly every major anime convention these days your eyeballs will be greeted by massive, city-carpeting advertisements for Aniplex's massive Fate/Grand Order mobile game, which laun...
You may not have read any of Morimi's novels yet, but you've probably seen one - and it likely blew your mind! From The Tatami Galaxy to The Eccentric Family, Kim Morrissy celebrates the incredible anime adaptations of one exceptional Japanese novelist. ― If you're a fan of the anime director Masaaki Yuasa, then you've probably come across the novelist Tomihiko Morimi in some form. The Tatami Galaxy ...
Shocking revelations about Isao Takahata's treatment of his staff in Toshio Suzuki's recent book have some fans asking: what are we supposed to think of his films and his legacy now? Justin considers the angles. ― Fartball asked: Isao Takahata was one of my favorite anime directors, and I was heartbroken when he died a few months ago. Now Ghibli's producer Toshio Suzuki is saying Takahata was an awf...
The Promised Neverland runs through a dazzling series of twists and betrayals in its pulse-pounding third volume. Nick Creamer has the details. ― The Promised Neverland hits the ground running in its third volume, opening with new allies Gilda and Don staging a daring and likely ill-advised break-in of Isabella's secret room. Their extremely rash choice leads to both discord within the main group and...
Planet With is the first original anime project written by beloved manga author Satoshi Mizukami, and it's been absurd and exciting from the start to its shocking halfway point cliffhanger. Nick and Jacob try to make sense of this mecha action rollercoaster. ― Planet With is the first original anime project written by beloved manga author Satoshi Mizukami, and it's been absurd and exciting from the s...
World-famous voice actors Bryce Papenbrook and Yuki Kaji get together for a fun chat about one of the roles they share: The Seven Deadly Sins' fearless hero, Meliodas! ― To the excitement of fans, popular series, The Seven Deadly Sins, returns with an upcoming movie on August 18, 2018. As one of top watched anime on Netflix, an upcoming film in August 2018, and a lineup of the biggest names in the in...
This 3DCG anime comedy dripping with 90s arcade lore from classics like Final Fight and Street Fighter II doesn't hit Netflix until December, but we've got all the details from the premiere at Otakon - with comments from the show's producers! ― The Hi Score Girl anime had a long road to production. Originally announced in 2013, the project was sidelined after SNK Playmore filed a criminal complaint a...
The heroes of Is it Wrong to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? venture outside Orario for once in this adventurous volume. Theron Martin has the details. ― For all of the great work that writer Fujino Omori has done with the setting of DanMachi, details on any locations beyond Orario and its immediate environs have been woefully limited. Although a couple of short stories in the main series have transpired...
Feast your eyes on another batch of incredible costumes from this weekend's Otakon 2018 in Washington, DC! ― IMG 1.jpg IMG 2.jpg IMG 3.jpg IMG 4.jpg IMG 5.jpg IMG 6.jpg IMG 7.jpg IMG 8.jpg IMG 9.jpg IMG 10.jpg IMG 11.jpg IMG 12.jpg IMG 13.jpg IMG 14.jpg IMG 15.jpg IMG 16.jpg IMG 17.jpg IMG 18.jpg IMG 19.jpg IMG 20.jpg IMG 21.jpg IMG 22.jpg IMG 23.jpg IMG 24.jpg IMG 25.jpg IMG 26.jpg
We've got not one but TWO Dekus! Steel yourself for this super fun chitchat with both the Japanese and English voices of My Hero Academia's Izuku "Deku" Midoriya, the charming and energetic Justin Briner and Daiki Yamashita! ― You probably don't need to be introduced to the phenomenon known as My Hero Academia – the blockbuster superhero manga is not only one of the most popular anime to come along i...
Back in the early 80s, the godfather of Gundam tried his hand at a fantasy-flavored mecha war epic - the result was Aura Battler Dunbine, a dizzying 49-episode Tomino tale finally out on bluray. PLUS: all of this week's new anime bluray and DVD releases! ― I'm finally getting a permanent office (read: cubicle) at my day job, which is a welcome step up from the computer on a table in a hallway I've b...
Oftentimes in the credits of an English dub, you'll see the same name in a couple different slots - maybe director, producer, and also the lead actor. Is the crew invading the booth? Justin explains. ― Tess asked: Looking at the dub credits on various anime, I noticed that a voice actor (who is often a lead) may also be credited as a producer. Because they're a producer on a series' (or an episode's...