Press Releases - November 2004
- 5th Rising Stars of Manga Competition to Start Dec. 1 ()
- ADV Films Announces December 14 Release Dates ()
- Jada Toys Announces Initial D Lineup ()
- Dark Horse Announces Man-Machine Interface, trade collection ()
- VIZ Announces New Director of Sales ()
- Yamato USA: Now Shipping - GitS & ROD ()
- Yamato USA: Now Shipping - IDEON ()
- Book on Otaku's Tokyo Out Now ()
- Otakucon Premieres Appleseed ()
- eigoMANGA Produces Television Commercial For American Manga Series ()
- Supreme Anime Launches eCommerce Website for the ANIME and MANGA Fans Around the World ()
- Speakeasy Announces Amano's Hero ()
- All New Episodes of Last Exile on Anime Unleashed ()
- CPM Press Casts a Spell with Masca ()
- OtakuCon Miami Beach adds the Full Metal Alchemist! ()
- Broken Saints DVD Launches ()
- Viz Announces Inu Yasha Cosplay Contest ()
- VIZ to Send Six Lucky Winners to Japan to Attend Inuyasha Premiere ()
- Psycho Le Cemu At Anime Overdose 2005 ()
- VIZ Releases Ani-Manga for Yu-Gi-Oh! The Movie ()
- Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence Debuts on DVD ()
- CPM Brings Slayers Home for the Holidays ()
- Geneon Entertainment Signs Distribution Agreement with Toei Animation ()
- Anime Network VOD Expands into Austin ()
- Anime Network Clicks in Seattle - Tacoma ()
- Critcal Mass Video Announces Cool Devices DVD 1! ()
- WEA and CPM Announce Exclusive US Distribution Agreement ()
- April Showers Lead to May Manga Flowers ()
- Anime Weekend @ LPL ()
- It's Newvember on Kids' WB! ()
- Broccoli Gear to release new Juvenile Orion character goods ()
- Disney Announces Miyazaki DVDs ()
- TotalVid.com Launches with Largest Library of Anime Downloads ()
- ADV Films Announces December 7 Release Dates ()
- ADV Announces New Releases at Oni-Con ()
- Benihana Launches New Anime Commercial ()
- Lady Death creator to visit Wizard World Dallas ()
- ADV Issues Correction for Cyberteam in Akihabara Press Release ()
- Eleven Films to Compete for Animated Feature Oscar ()
- Bandai and Cartoon Network Announce D.I.C.E. ()
- ADV Films Announces Super Milk Chan Show vol 2 ()
- United Media Forges Partnership Bandai America ()
- Starring As…” Exhibit in Los Angeles ()
- Yamato USA - Scopedog Final Call ()
- Atari Ships New Duel Masters Game ()
- Viz Announces My Neighbor Totoro Ani-Manga ()
- ADV FIlms Announces Cyberteam in Akihabara Vol 1 ()
- Limited Edition Juvenile Orion volume 5 to be released. ()
- Tokyopop Announced Sokora Refugees ()
- Hello Kitty Celebrates Her 30th Birthday ()
Loading next article...
Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo may rule the market now, but many other companies have tried their hand at breaking into the gaming console market. Here are just a few of the more notorious flops. ― Today's gaming scene is dominated by three major console manufacturers: Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo. The landscape is a lot different than when I was a kid, plugging away at Super Mario World on the SNES...
In advance of a second season, Gen Urobuchi and the master puppeteers at PiLi have delivered a movie recounting the villainous origins of the Screaming Phoenix Killer. Nick Creamer finds out if this series has lost any magic in film form. ― It was a great surprise to learn that Gen Urobuchi, star writer of hits like Madoka Magica and Fate/Zero, would be working on a collaborative series of Taiwanese ...
just for fun
It's not so relaxed anymore - Laid-Back Camp leaps up 8 PLACES on the chart to dominate this week in user episode rankings! ― Our team of reviewers are following 28 anime series of the Winter 2018 season and readers are rating each episode as the reviews go up. So let's have a look at what ANN readers consider the best (and worst) of the season. Keep in mind that these rankings are based on how peop...
They seem a lot more complex than regular DVD subtitles - how exactly do they get subtitles on bluray discs? Justin has the shockingly complex answer. ― John asked: What are the technical differences between creating subtitles for DVDs and Blu-ry Discs? And were HD-DVDs any better or worse? Subtitles are a pain in the ass. No other part of making a DVD or Blu-ray is as complicated, error-prone, or a...
Part II of our GAINAX tour charts the studio's late-80s rollercoaster ride through incredible success and heartbreaking failure with Nadia, Gunbuster, and The Wings of Honneamise. ― Welcome to Part II of our 4-part history of Studio Gainax. If you missed part I, you can find it right here! Studio GAINAX was one of the first studios to bring together merchandising and anime production under one roof. ...
To celebrate the upcoming Anime Awards, Crunchyroll is excited to announce its partnership with Twitch to exclusively livestream the awards ceremony, live from Hollywood. ― To celebrate the Anime Awards, Crunchyroll is excited to announce its partnership with Twitch to exclusively livestream the awards ceremony, live from Hollywood at at 6:00PM PST on Saturday, February 24th. Follow Crunchyroll's Tw...
Warner Bros. live-action FMA movie has finally arrived on Netflix to surprisingly little fanfare. We discover why this particular project didn't get the U.S. theatrical attention of its peers. ― Warner Bros. live-action FMA film has finally arrived on Netflix to surprisingly little fanfare. This week in anime, Nick and Jacob discover why this particular project didn't get the U.S. theatrical attentio...
Attack on Titan's Bryce Papenbrook and Kill la Kill's David Vincent sit down for a chat about their new approach to connecting fans and voice actors. ― Fans may recognize veteran voice actors Bryce Papenbrook (Attack on Titan, Sword Art Online) and David Vincent (Fate/Zero, Kill La Kill) from their work in a number of anime and video game series, but the two have a unique off-screen collaboration, as...
Heidi takes the Secret of Mana remake for a spin, plus Namco's Catalog IP project, Metal Gear Survive, Dragon Ball FighterZ DLC and a whole lot more! ― It's another one of those slow news weeks, which means I can take a bit of space in this column to babble about something I'm particularly interested in. This week, I've got the perfect excuse to talk about two things I really like: the mobile game Go...
The final arc in the Utena saga has arrived on blu-ray, alongside the opulent Adolescence of Utena film. Rebecca Silverman looks back on how this classic concluded. ― With this final arc of the Revolutionary Girl Utena narrative, the story throws all subtlety out the window. That's not strictly a negative in terms of getting the most out of everything the series has built up, because when the visuals...
Wow! Hundreds of millions of dollars are flowing into the anime industry thanks to streaming! Is any of that money going to the people who actually make anime? Justin gets into it. ― Custom Gundam asked: With ANN recently reporting that Crunchyroll royalties to the Japanese industry exceed US $100 million and also the huge amount recieved from global companies like Netflix and Amazon and also the va...
Take a journey back in time with Daryl Surat, when many people were introduced to anime through heartwarming films like My Neighbor Totoro and Grave of the Fireflies. But what forgotten gems lie sleeping in this long-ago year? ― Every so often, I get questions regarding what the value is in observing what works of popular culture remain worth watching, decades after their creation. But nearly three m...
This beloved 2000s megahit is the newest to get a live-action update to the big screen, now available on Netflix after its theatrical run in Japan. Theron Martin finds out if this movie can live up to fans' expectations. ― Fullmetal Alchemist was one of the most popular and successful anime/manga franchises of the 2000s, so the only surprise surrounding this live-action adaptation might be that it di...