Press Releases - September 2006
- MTAC Announces first Webcomic Guests for 2007 Convention ()
- Right Stuf launches Episode 24 of Anime Today ()
- ADV Announces Elfen Lied Collection ()
- Anime in the Limelight Returns to Toon Radio ()
- Newtype USA October Issue Hits Newsstands ()
- Anime South Announces New Guests of Honor ()
- Anime Matsuri ()
- Viz Media Signs New International Publishers ()
- Madman 10th Anniversary ()
- Ringling School of Art and Design Summer Art Studio's Metrocon Grant ()
- AT&T, Anime Network Announce Content Delivery Agreement ()
- Madman Releases Speed Grapher ()
- Madman Releases Naruto ()
- ADV Announces November 21 Releases ()
- Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles' Wins Best Animated Sci-Fi Feature ()
- ADV Universe Download Store Launches ()
- Viz Announces New Manga for 4th Quarter ()
- Kaiju Big Battel Anime Club ()
- Score named official TCG licensor for Bleach ()
- Right Stuf Announces Ninja Nonsense 4 ()
- ADV Announces November 7 Releases ()
- Mikomicon Announces Events ()
- Zatch Bell Mamodo Fury Slams into Retail ()
- Critical Mass Announces Can Can Bunny Extra 2: Summer Fun! ()
- Yoshiyuki Tomino at Chicago International Film Festival ()
- New look sought for Ai-Kon mascot ()
- Dragon Ball Finale! ()
- Volume 6 of Now Available Exclusively at InfinityStudios.com ()
- New York - Tokyo Music Festival 2006 ()
- Madman's October Boxset Blitz! ()
- Namco Bandai Games Announces Special Edition for .hack//GU Vol 1: Rebirth ()
- Illumitoon Acquires B'T X and B'T X Neo ()
- Yuri Monogatari artist Althea Keaton to appear at MangaNEXT ()
- MTAC Prime is Gearing Up ()
- More hot new titles from Viz Media ()
- Viz Media Announces Three New Fiction Novels ()
- Tachiguishi Retsuden North American Premiere in Vancouver ()
- Comic Party Revolution Premieres on The Anime Network ()
- How To Draw Manga Books from Sweatdrop Studios ()
- Right Stuf Releases Anime Today Episode 23 ()
- Imagi to Create Astro Boy feature ()
- Diplocon II early November 2006 in Lancaster, PA ()
- IGPX For Playstation2 Races Through the Finish Line and Into Retail Stores ()
- Central Park Media to Launch Anime Online ()
- Tenbu Productions Seeking Female Cosplayers ()
- Seven Seas Entertainment Launches "Light Novel " Imprint ()
- Destineer Announces New Anime Title 'Fullmetal Alchemist: Dual Sympathy' for Nintendo DS ()
- Azumi Arrives on 2-Disc Collector's Editoion DVD ()
- FunMobility, Wowmax and Newtype Bring Anime Personalities to American Cell Phones ()
- eigoMANGA Announces Television Deal with Anime Network ()
- Viz to Publish Art Books for 2006 Holiday Season ()
- Novala Takemoto at PMX ()
- Adult Source Media announces release of “The Last Kunoichi” ()
- Bandai to Provide Content for Amazon Unbox ()
- Viz Media Wants Pokémon Fans to "Catch'Em All" with Amtrak ()
- ADV Announces Macross: Eve of Destruction October 24 ()
- Itochu Corp. Invests in Comic Book Movies, LLC. ()
- Organic Hobby Announces UJ-14 1/8 Scale PVC Statue ()
- ADV Announces Final Gatchaman Collection October 17 ()
- Densha Otoko Theatrical Release ()
- Yaoi-Con 2006 on October 20-22 ()
- NekoCon 9 Update ()
- Organic Hobby Releases Gaofighgar ()
- Organic Hobby Releases Torunfam ()
- Illumitoon Partners with Westlake ()
- ADV Announces October 10 Releases ()
- Video Games Live Returns to the Hollywood Bowl September 21 ()
- Organic Hobby, Inc releases the next Revoltech figure ()
- Bakuretsu Con Announces Changes to Guests of Honor ()
- FUNimation Doubles Anime Programming for Anime Block ()
- USA Today's Top 150 Best Seller List Features Naruto at #21 ()
- ADV Announces October 3 Releases ()
- Eureka Seven to Premiere on Canada's YTV September 8th ()
- Infinity Studios, LLC August Releases Hit Book Shelves ()
- GDH, H.I.S. Announce Launch of a new Campaign ()
- Madman Announces November 2006 List ()
- Madman Releases Gun X Sword ()
- Madman Boxset Blitz ()
- Celebrity Anime/Manga Guest Speakers Announced for UCI Extension Course ()
Being surrounded by sexy love interests might seem like paradise to some, but one fan's heaven is another fan's hell. Here are seven harems with no good apples to choose from! ― Harem anime is a well-established romance sub-genre, and while most incarnations these days put our hero into a magical world outside of his own, romance options have spanned trains, transforming soda cans, and potential lit...
UQ Holder’s ninth volume makes the most of its prolonged training arc material. Nick Creamer weighs the pros and cons of Ken Akamatsu's latest series. ― UQ Holder has always been an inherently strange shounen property. With its focus on a team of heroes who are all gifted with some form of immortality, the manga has at time had trouble offering compelling opponents for its protagonists. And main char...
Could Netflix's influence solve the many production and salary woes plaguing the anime industry? Justin considers the angles. ― Earl asks: The trailer for the new Castlevania anime came out today and my coworkers and I were remarking on the animation quality. It's an American production (despite what I thought initially), but it got me thinking... Would Netflix-style contracts/production be a way ou...
From fearsome warriors to gluttonous goofballs, Attack on Titan's cast is filled with a variety of colorful female characters. Rose Bridges explains what makes its cast of ladies so unique. ― Spoiler Warning: This article contains spoilers for the Attack on Titan anime up through episode 31, and also vaguely alludes to events from the Attack on Titan light novel "Lost Girls." Since the first season's...
Zac, Jacob and special guest Gabriella Ekens stitch their brains together for a deep dive on the entirety of PSYCHO-PASS - both seasons (yes, both seasons) and the film. ― ANNCast Episode 297 - Psycho-Pass Zac, Jacob and special guest Gabriella Ekens stitch their brains together for a deep dive on the entirety of PSYCHO-PASS - both seasons (yes, both seasons) and the film! You can listen to the show...
Miss Hokusai demonstrates the power of articulating life as it is lived, presenting a rich portrait of both its historical moment and its charming heroine. ― The great painter Hokusai is one of the most famous and internationally renowned artists in Japanese history. Responsible for works as recognized as The Great Wave off Kanigawa (itself an element of the vastly influential 36 Views of Mount Fuji)...
The world-famous composer behind the music of Silent Hill discusses his long career making scary games scarier, along with his latest, the score for Let It Die. ― Japanese composer Akira Yamaoka, renowned for his work on Silent Hill's soundtrack, attended this year's Granada FicZone. He's also credited for many other video game scores such as Shadows of the Damned, Lollipop Chainsaw, and Killer Is De...
An ancient Fire Emblem game from the depths of the Famicom library gets resurrected on the 3DS - but is it worth your time? PLUS: Mario's got a gun, Netflix for games and much more! ― If you've followed this column for a while, you've probably noticed that I've got a taste for a lot of the games Nintendo puts out. Yet I've never delved deep into Fire Emblem. I played the first Western release when it...
This princess is more interested in actually ruling and political intrigue than finding a prince in this first volume of Aya Shirosaki's shoujo manga. Rebecca Silverman has the details. ― Gleam is the second manga release from e-publisher Cross Infinite World (the first being Little Hero), and a totally different bird from their usual fare. Where before all of their series featured ordinary girls bei...
just for fun
Nobody expected the titans to be felled by tanuki - The Eccentric Family slides into #1! See how your favorite shows fared in our weekly user rankings! ― Our team of reviewers are following 27 anime series of the Spring 2017 season and readers are rating each episode as the reviews go up. So let's have a look at what ANN readers consider the best (and worst) of the season. Keep in mind that these ra...
Anime on bluray sometimes looks very different from the way we might remember it - Justin explains how it's a little less scientific than we might think. ― Stanley asks: I have a technical question about Blu-ray transfers, particularly the film to Blu-Ray ones. I've been starting up a Blu-Ray collection recently and was looking at some comparison screenshots from a lot of classic anime titles and fi...
After 25 years of OVAs and spinoffs, is there "no need for Tenchi" after all? Theron Martin runs down the franchise history and what still stands out after so many other harem series have come and gone. ― When it comes to convoluted anime franchises, few short of Gundam can rival the endurance of the Tenchi Muyo! franchise. Over the course of 25 years, it has spawned two main 26-episode TV series, th...
This series brings the gore, sex, and action at full volume, but does it have enough substance to balance out the madness? Rebecca Silverman weighs in. ― Murciélago, which is Spanish for “bat,” is definitely one of the darker stories to come out recently. It follows the gruesome, and occasionally sexy, adventures of Kuroko Koumori, a slightly-reformed mass murderer as she works for the Metropolitan P...