Press Releases - November 2007
- “Super-Explosive Ninja Insanity” Watch Episode 1 of Ninja Nonsense on IGN.com ()
- Bandai Entertainment Inc. Invades New York Anime Festival with Code Geass & Lucky Star Focus Panels and More ()
- Intermixi is Back with Two New Tours ()
- Tokyopop: New York Anime Event - Movie Filming ()
- Video Games Live to Perform at Spike TV's “Video Game Awards” Premiering Sunday, December 9 ()
- Project Doodie to Debut 3D Animated Trailer at the New York Anime Festival ()
- A-Kon® Announces Performance by “Budo Grape” ()
- ButterflyNetRender 4.02: Pain-free Network Rendering ()
- Organic Hobby, Inc Releases Kaiyodo's 2G Revoltech Series' Av-98 Ingram 01 (Movie Version) & Tetsujin No.28 ()
- The First Joint Concert Performance by a Master of 'Sounds,' Kow Otani and the Eminence Artists ()
- Yamato USA Online Special ()
- Buy FREEDOM 1-3 Set and Get Original Freedom T-Shirt for Free ()
- Costumes Galore at New York Anime Festival ()
- Big Tent Entertainment Strengthens Support behind Japanese Character Phenomenon Domo with Slew of New Partners ()
- Casshern Premieres ()
- Astro Boy Expert Frederik Schodt Interviewed on Imagi Website ()
- Date of Tora-Con 2008 Announced ()
- Now Shipping from Yamato USA ()
- Viz Pictures Becomes Partner in Bay Area Movie Theatre to Promote Japanese Pop Culture ()
- Frames Per Second Online Charity Auction 2007 ()
- New Live Event: Karaterice Presents Love Mode 2 - Friday December 7th @ Knitting Factory ()
- UC Irvine Extension Offers Third Course in Anime, Manga ()
- Bandai Visual USA Special Holiday Greeting Card Campaign ()
- Organic Hobby USA: ATM-FX Testa-Rossa (Version #2) 8” PVC ()
- Yamato USA Now Accepting Pre-Orders for All New Welcome to Pia Carrot!! G.O. PVC Statue ()
- 'Direct From the Source' - BOST Launches Anime Video-on-Demand Site ()
- Chris Malone to be a Guest at Setsucon 2008 ()
- Kyle Hebert to be a Guest at Setsucon 2008 ()
- Appleseed: Ex Machina to Premiere at the Jules Verne Adventure Film Festival, Los Angeles, Dec.15 ()
- Critical Mass Video Announces February 26 Release of The Invisible Stud ()
- H.I.S. USA-Japan Tour Service Unveils 2008 Winter and Spring Tours ()
- Right Stuf's Nozomi Entertainment Sets Date for Boys Be… DVD Thinpak Collection ()
- New Release Newsletter from Adult Source Media ()
- Local Food Pantry Thanks Tsubasacon for Contributions ()
- Right Stuf's Anime Today Interviews New York Anime Festival Organizers John McGeary & Peter Tatara ()
- Save At Least 30% Off the Retail Prices on Almost Everything at RightStuf.com ()
- Pop Japan Travel and Toon Zone Ask "Who Wants To Be A Vampire?" to Promote Cold Steel Tokyo-Sapporo Tour ()
- ADV Announces January 22 Releases ()
- ADVFilms.Com Introduces $1.99 Downloads ()
- G-Collections Announces Golden Master Status and December Release of Snow Sakura, New Adult PC Game ()
- New York Anime Festival and Wizards of the Coast's Magic: The Gathering World Championships Take Manhattan by Storm This December ()
- Yakitate! Ja-Pan Bread Hits Both the Screens and the Shops ()
- Voice Bank has Started Delivering MANGA for iPhone/iPod touch Users, as 'Digital Manga Project' with Digital Manga Association of Japan ()
- Viz Media Announces Holiday Retail Campaign with Trans World Entertainment to Promote Deluxe Edition of Naruto the Movie: Ninja Clash in the Land of Snow ()
- Viz Media Announces Debut of Unique Basketball Drama Real at Rare In-Store Appearance of Famed Creator Takehiko Inoue ()
- Yen Press to Publish BL (Boys Love) Titles by Lily Hoshino Starting Fall 2008 ()
- ICv2 Conference on Anime and Manga Brings Together Top Industry Execs; New Sponsors, Panelists Added ()
- Bang Zoom! Entertainment Produces Commercial Spot for Trauma Center: New Blood Video Game ()
- Atlus U.S.A., Inc. Becomes Official 3rd Party Publisher for Xbox 360® ()
- Providence Anime Conference 2008 Announces Launch Date and Robotech Convention Tour ()
- Viz Media Teams with Direct2Drive to Make Naruto Anime Series Available for Digital Download in the U.S. ()
- Robot Ghosts and Wired Dreams: Japanese Science Fiction from Origins to Anime ()
- Who Wants to be a Voice Actor? ()
- ADV Announces January 15 Titles ()
- Japanese Translator Job Posting ()
- Subtitler Job Posting ()
- Boysenberry Books Announces New Title, Cigarette Kisses ()
- New Boysenberry Books Website Launches Today ()
- Smith Micro Software Signs Definitive Agreement Acquiring e frontier's 3D Graphic and Animation Software Solutions ()
- ADV Announces January 8 Releases ()
- Right Stuf's Nozomi Entertainment Launches Lost Universe Official Site ()
- Fuji Rock Festival Favorite BO-PEEP Premieres on JapanFiles.com ()
- Anime Jungle has Annnounced Its First Screening Event of Jin-Roh ()
- Organic Hobby USA: Tezuka Moderno Labo – “Atom” & “Leo” (Santa Version) – 3” PVC Figures ()
- Society for the Promotion of Japanese Animation Hires Experient ()
- 20th Century Fox to Release Dragonball August 15, 2008 ()
- Viz Media Announces Naruto Manga Shadow Box Limited Collector Set ()
- 2008 Robotech Convention Tour ()
- Visual Futurist Syd Mead is Taking Questions ()
- ADV Launches Kanon January 1 ()
- Kotobukiya Summons the Star Wars Bounty Hunters to Do Thy Bidding ()
- Organic Hobby, Inc Releases the First Character/Figure as a Part of Kaiyodo's “FRAÜLEIN REVOLTECH,” “Rei Ayanami” ()
- A Book Dedicated to Isao Takahata's Animated Films ()
- Dot-anime.us is Now Hosting Anime Blogs, Updated Daily ()
- Krank 3 - New Release Newsletter from Adult Source Media ()
- Castle Point Anime Convention ()
- Right Stuf's Anime Today and Astro Boy Director Fred Ladd Talk Early Anime and Live-Action Adaptations ()
- Full Panel and Screening Schedule is Released on NewYorkAnimeFestival.com ()
- Anime Central Searches for the Best UK Cosplayers ()
- Salia of Unicorn Table to be Interviewed During the DJ Asu A-Pop Mix Show ()
- MapleStory iTrading Card Game Hits Shelves Today ()
- Ontamarama Now Shipping to Stores Across North America ()
- Horse Life for Nintendo DS will Arrive at Retail Just in Time for the Holidays from D3Publisher of America ()
- Bandai Entertainment Inc. to Release Kadokawa's Anime Series, Lucky Star ()
- Capcom® Announces Devil May Cry® 4 Collector's Edition ()
- Production I.G Announces a New TV Animation Series ()
- Steve Conte to Appear in Concert at SugoiCon ()
- Blinkx Partners with Gong to Bring Cutting-Edge Anime Content to Fans ()
- Aksys Games Announces Jake Hunter: Detective Chronicles for Release Exclusively on the Nintendo DS in Spring 2008. ()
- Gakuen Alice: Japan's Hottest Shojo Manga Series since Fruits Basket Hits U.S. Stores December 2007 ()
- Viz Media Announces Biggest Issue Ever of Shonen Jump ()
- Biggest Anime Movies and Series of 2008 to be Screened for First Time at New York Anime Festival ()
- Viz Pictures Licenses Four Live Action Films Based on Popular Shojo Beat Manga Titles ()
- Japanese Animation Historian to Present at New Bryant Park Kinokuniya Bookstore ()
After six straight weeks, The Ancient Magus' Bride has been unseated from its spot at the top of the chart! Find out what's replaced it and where all your favorites ranked with our users this round! ― Our team of reviewers are following 31 anime series of the Fall 2017 season and readers are rating each episode as the reviews go up. So let's have a look at what ANN readers consider the best (and wor...
This series took a surprising left turn last week, leaving fans on the edge of their seats. This week in anime, we discuss our favorite things about Aqours' journey so far. ― Last week's Love Live! Sunshine!! took a surprising left turn, leaving fans on the edge of their seats for the season's second half. This week in anime, Nick and Steve discuss their favorite things about the girls of Aqours so f...
The director and producer behind next season's male idol mobile game adaptation gave a Q&A at a premiere event for the show's first two episodes. Here's what fans can expect from Idolish 7! ― Lately, the anime industry has been dominated by female idols, but there's another phenomenon brewing under the more mainstream surface: a male idol movement. A mobile rhythm game called IDOLiSH7, where you help...
My Hero Academia expands the scope of its cast and conflict in a volume that works to build up its characters for changes to come. Nick Creamer has the details. ― My Hero Academia's ninth volume represented a dramatic and aesthetic peak for this thrilling story. Finding themselves hunted by the League of Villains while away on their training retreat, Midoriya and his classmates were forced to rally b...
2017 had a nonstop flurry of mindblowing videogames, from Zelda to Nier to Persona 5 and beyond - here's a guide to the most likely candidates for your Christmas list. ―
Our giant glittering gift guide continues with a tour through the stacks of this year's best artbooks, manga, box sets and much more! ―
What happens when the world of Parasyte collides with Hiro Mashima's Fairy Tail? Find out in our exclusive preview of Kodansha Comics' new anthology, Neo Parasyte m! ― There aren't too many manga that are as beloved as Hitoshi Iwaki's landmark series Parasyte - it's cited constantly by creators the world over as a major influence on their work. Out today from Kodansha Comics, Neo Parasyte m is an ant...
You probably can't even count the number of times jan-ken-pon comes up in anime. Why is it so ubiquitous? Justin has an answer. ― Samuel asked: Mind explaining the history of the Japanese version of Westerners' "rock/paper/scissors" known as jan-ken-pon (and what each gesture looks like and does to another gesture)? The game of Rock-Paper-Scissors is so ancient and so pervasive across the world, the...
Director Masaki Tachibana answered questions about his surprise hit anime series at this year's inaugural Anime NYC. Rachel Kelly has the details from this special screening and Q&A sessions! ― Princess Principal is an anime about cute girls being spies in a fictional, steampunk version of Victorian London, an original project that came seemingly out of nowhere. While it wasn't highly anticipated goi...
This surprisingly dark shoujo romance wraps its themes of colonialism around a "Little Red Riding Hood" tale. Rebecca Silverman untangles its heavy yet rewarding story. ― Well, hey there, Little Red Riding Hood! Aarne-Thompson tale type 333, the story best known as “Little Red Riding Hood” in English, has been one of anime and manga's go-to fairy tales for inspiration, and Spica Aoki's Beasts of Abig...
URAHARA is about as cute, unassuming, and completely under-the-radar as you can get. This week in anime, we dig in to see if we've been sitting on something special. ― URAHARA is about as cute, unassuming, and completely under-the-radar as you can get. This week in anime, Michelle and Jacob dig in to see if they've been sitting on a hidden gem this season. Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed...
Looking for the perfect way to express your otaku side no matter where you go? Our guide to the best anime fashion and accessories of the season will get you there! ―
just for fun
Who among us can resist the siren song of the kitchen after watching a bunch of Food Wars? ―
The first arc of Sword Oratoria that provided the season finale for its anime adaptation comes to a close. Theron Martin compares these two versions for any juicy details that may have gotten left out. ― Despite leaving out a few details here and there, the DanMachi anime series was largely a faithful and excellent adaptation of the source novels. The anime version of Sword Oratoria was a far less im...
just for fun
Jacob and Zac chew on Justice League for a while before digging in to your Twitter questions - Evangelion, Kino's Journey, Ancient Magus Bride and a whole lot more! ― ANNCast Episode 311 - New Dominion Thank Police Jacob and Zac chew on Justice League for a while before digging in to your Twitter questions - Evangelion, Kino's Journey, Ancient Magus Bride and a whole lot more! You can listen to the ...
Our 2017 Holiday Gift Guide begins with an enormous gilded mountain of 2017's biggest and brightest DVD and bluray anime releases! ―
What's the difference between letterboxing and pillarboxing? And what are those tiny black borders you see on some old anime that don't have any of that? Justin Sevakis explains. ― Duc asked: Every once in a while, especially when I'm watching an older movie on Blu-ray, I'll see a thin border around the picture. Why is that there? Also, can you explain the difference between pillarboxing and letterb...
Our correspondent saw the live-action Fullmetal Alchemist movie during its world premiere at Anime NYC this weekend - here's her full report, plus comments from the director! ― The live-action Fullmetal Alchemist movie, directed by Fumihiko Sori, made its world premiere at the Tokyo International Film Festival on October 25 and will open in Japan on December 1. Luckily for us, the movie made a specia...
Gabriella revisits the anime adaptation of this hit JRPG to see if it's worth watching on its own merits, while Paul runs down all this week's new releases along with a new king-sized Shelf Obsessed! ― Since in-game purchases seem to be a hot topic in the video game world these days, I figured I'd offer up a potentially obvious piece of advice as someone who's bought and collected all kinds of junk ...
Erina's evolution comes to a head as Soma battles Tsukasa in this exciting volume. Rebecca Silverman has the details. ― Ever since Erina's father Azami Nakiri returned to Totsuki in an orchestrated semi-hostile takeover, the school has been in an uproar. Not only is he trying to remake Japan's culinary world in his own image, but he's also dedicated himself to stamping out what he sees as unnecessary...