Press Releases - February 2006
- Animation Runner Kuromi 2 in Stores May 9 ()
- Newtype USA March Issue ()
- Kosaikon and Zentrancon announce plans to merge ()
- 13th Annual Houston Japan Festival ()
- Yamato USA - Megazone 23 - 1/15 Garland ()
- Anime Vegas Convention Set For Labor Day Weekend 2006 ()
- Funimation Acquires Afro Samurai ()
- Tokyopop to Release Hellgate: London Manga ()
- Tokyopop Presents a Deep Exploration into the Weightier Issues of Life ()
- Right Stuf Announces Boys Be... DVD 3 ()
- Kawaii Kon Announces Yoko Ishida ()
- JoyRide announces convention exclusive for Fullmetal Alchemist TCG ()
- Lime Manga launches at NYC Comic-con ()
- Genvid Announces Sailor Moon based Tour of Tokyo ()
- New Alice in Wonderland ()
- ADV Announces Sixth Gatchaman Box Set ()
- Case Closed Joins Bionix ()
- Erica Friedman, founder of Yuricon, to speak at University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana ()
- Critical Mass Video Announces Two New Titles ()
- Anime Punch Announces Musical Guests ()
- Oni-Con 2006 Announced ()
- MS Saga: A New Dawn Ships to Stores ()
- Realbuzz Announce The Release of Three New Manga Series ()
- Udon at New York Comic Con ()
- U.S. Broadcast Debut of Akira Kurosawa's Samurai 7 ()
- Sakura-Con announces two new guests of honor ()
- MTAC Announces !0th and Final Guest ()
- Toon Radio acquires Anime Genesis ()
- Bemmu.com provides free manga for scanlators ()
- Right Stuf Unleashes Anime Today Episode 8 ()
- Viz Media Debuts Shojo Beat Home Video Line ()
- MatsuriCon Guest Announcements and More ()
- MTAC 2006 Overflow Hotels, 2007 Venues AND Dates and Volunteer Updates ()
- Viz Media Launches Five New Shojo Manga Titles ()
- Fullmetal Alchemist TCG: Artificial Human releases today ()
- Yuri Manga "Rica 'tte Kanji!?" to be used in Brandeis U. Anthropology course ()
- Anime Expo 2006 announces official host hotels ()
- Anime on DVD Best Manga Awards for 2005 ()
- Pokemon Kicks Off 10th Anniversary Worldwide ()
- Tokyopop Renews Distribution Deal with CDS ()
- Bandai Entertainment to Publish Top Cow Titles in Manga Format ()
- Dragonball Returns to Cartoon Network ()
- CPM Selected to Represent US Anime Industry at TAF-NY ()
- Experts Added to NYComic-Con ICv2 Panels ()
- Gatchaman Cast at Alamo Screening ()
- Announcing Otaku University, an anime conference ()
- NYComicCon Announces Screenings & Sneak Preview ()
- AMN and Anime Advanced Announce Anime Game Demo Downloads ()
- Airborne Entertainment Brings Robotech to Mobile Phones ()
- Free Nancy Drew Valentine: High Tech Nancy Drew In New American Anime Style For Tweens 8-14 ()
- Mikonomicon To Feature Voice Actor Workshop by Jonathan Klein ()
- Win 20 Books from Stone Bridge Press at the New York Comic-Con! ()
- CPM to Re-Release Utena: The Black Rose Saga ()
- Digital Manga Publishing to Start a New Yaoi Imprint ()
- Navarre 3rd Quarter Results ()
- iTradeAnime.com Launches ()
- Sensei's Trial tournament series announced for FMA TCG ()
- Frederik L. Schodt Book Signings ()
- Kappa Mikey Premieres on Nicktoons February 25 ()
- eigoManga and Devils Due Publishing Release Sakura Pakk Digest ()
- Tokyopop Announces the Evolution of Princess Ai ()
- NY Comic-Con Programming LIVE on WEB ()
- Stone Bridge Press announces second edition of The Anime Encyclopedia ()
- New Anime Costuming Book - Cosplay: Catgirls and Other Critters ()
- Critical Mass Video Announces Anyone You Can Do I Can Do Better! ()
- Right Stuf Announces Boys Be... DVD 2! ()
- ADV Announces April 4 Titles ()
- CMX to Publish Oyayubihime Infinity and VS. in 2006 ()
- Shinichiro Watanabe at the Detroit Film Theater ()
- American Culture Through a Japanese Lens: A Discussion with Shinichiro Watanabe ()
Beyond the mountain of generic paint-by-numbers pabulum in anime, there's a whole world of eye-popping one-of-a-kind creations to discover. These are just seven of the most memorably gorgeous experiences the medium has to offer. ― In 2012, I'd written only two (2!) weekly installments of this column before tackling this topic. I wasn't exactly prepared for the response it got, but looking back on it...
This run-and-gun RPG for the PS4 allows SAO fans to interact with all their favorite characters in a brand-new story. But is it fun to play? Branden Johnson finds out. ― Unpopular opinion time: my least favorite arc in Sword Art Online was Gun Gale Online. Not that it was bad, just that it felt lacking compared to the two storylines that preceded it. So my expectations going into Sword Art Online: Fa...
We're live with photos from the AnimeJapan 2018 show floor at Big Sight in Tokyo! ―
It's a mountain of news and exciting new games from GDC, including the localization of Steins;Gate Elite, Yakuza Kiwami 2, Geralt in Soul Calibur VI and so much more! ― Oh jeez, this week has been exhausting. I've got a whole mess of news to report and and some interesting new releases to discuss, but I've actually spent most of this week running around Game Developers Conference in San Francisco. I ...
just for fun
Kyoto Animation's Violet Evergarden jumps up to the top spot in the final weeks of our weekly user rankings for the winter anime season! The finish line is in sight! ― Our team of reviewers are following 28 anime series of the Winter 2018 season and readers are rating each episode as the reviews go up. So let's have a look at what ANN readers consider the best (and worst) of the season. Keep in mind...
After 12 years off the air, Full Metal Panic! returns this spring to deliver more of Kaname and Sousuke's adventures. Theron Martin has everything you need to know about this war dramedy from the 2000s that became a hit before light novel anime were cool. ― One of the most anticipated sequels of 2018 finally arrives this spring: Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory. As the fourth anime adaptation of t...
The Resurrection F arc delivers a flurry of fights and a few new transformations, but is the story actually memorable underneath the nostalgia factor? Sam Leach weighs in. ― With the Japanese broadcast of Dragon Ball Super nearing its finale, there's some new perspective to be had from revisiting its early days. I remember when these initial movie remake arcs were airing, and it felt like we'd never ...
An in-depth behind-the-scenes look at Haoliners, the Chinese animation house that has aggressively entered the television anime market with some success, some failure, and a lot of ambition. ― It is often said that China has a huge impact on the Japanese anime industry. Although the Chinese government has had a habit of restricting access to anime titles even in recent years, the anime market in Chin...
After finally being released from Netflix jail, Children of the Whales turned out to be a much muddier viewing experience than anticipated. We discuss what went wrong for this ambitious fantasy series. ― After finally being released from Netflix jail, Children of the Whales turned out to be a much muddier viewing experience than anticipated. This week, Nick and Steve discuss what went wrong for this ...
Is this curious one-off story in the Fate canon worth your time? Gabriella Ekens weighs the pros and cons of this partial mobile game adaptation. ― If you're a fan of the Fate franchise, and maybe even if you aren't, you've probably heard of Fate/Grand Order. This mobile game is a recent installment in fate canon has been doing quite well for itself in both Japan and abroad, so it's no wonder that th...
People know what a voice actor and a voice director do, but rarely do they know the role of the ADR engineer, the secret MVP of the world of anime dubs. Justin files an appreciation of their craft. ― Roman asked: I was watching some of my favorite anime and noticed a title of ADR engineer in the credits. I'm somewhat familiar with the role of ADR director, voice actor and script writer in anime dubs...
The students of U.A. are finally coming back to team up against the growing League of Villains! Nicholas Dupree has your catch-up cram session for all things My Hero Academia as season three approaches. ― In just a couple weeks, My Hero Academia will be coming back for its third season, which promises to be even bigger and more explosive than its predecessors. There's a lot to anticipate for fans of ...
It took 8 years for a Ni no Kuni sequel to finally surface, and now that it's here, there's both good news and bad for this lavish Studio Ghibli-esque action RPG. ― Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch was a bit too traditional for me. As a lover of RPGs and the films of Hayao Miyazaki, I figured it would be right up my alley. An RPG that looks and sounds like a real Studio Ghibli film is basically a...