Press Releases - December 2005
- Sakura-ConOffers Game Play Certificates to Pre-Registrants ()
- AnimeNext Announces First Round of Guests ()
- Infinity Studios Licenses Sweety ()
- ACAG Call for Papers ()
- Dark Horse March Manga ()
- Central Park Media and The New England Anime Society Celebrate 2006 ()
- The Ultimate Mecha Series Armored Trooper VOTOMS Slated for March Release ()
- Central Park Media to Release Otaku Unite! On DVD ()
- Fan Favorite Revolutionary Girl Utena to be Re-priced and Re-Released Beginning in February ()
- Seven Seas Manga Serialized in Newtype USA ()
- Ghost In the Shell 2 unleashed on DVD in the UK ()
- Anime Network Now Available on Monthly Subscription with Shaw Video on Demand ()
- ADV Announces February 21 Releases ()
- Manga Ent January DVD Release: 2nd Gig, Vol. 3 ()
- Ushicon Guest List ()
- Tohru Nishimaki's Blue Eyes 2 Shipping to Retail ()
- AsiaVision To Launch in March 2006 ()
- ADV Announces February 7 Releases ()
- Wild Arms 4 shipping January 10, 2006 ()
- Udon Introduces "Raw Editions" & Puts SF II Online for Free ()
- ADV Announces January 24 Releases ()
- Shojo Beat-Expanded content for January 2006 ()
- Gantz 10 Leads Off ADV's Jan 17 Releases ()
- FMA TCG Artificial Human Pre-Release Announced ()
- SPJA Seeks Candidates for CEO ()
- ADV Announces New Macross, Other Jan 10 Releases ()
- Naruto Marathon on Cartoon Network New Year's Eve ()
- Initial D Screens Exclusively at the ImaginAsian ()
- Howl's Moving Castle Wins Best Animated Feature Award by New York Film Critics Circle ()
- Anime Today Episode 3 Press Release ()
- Araki Gentaro exhibition at the bonenkai 2006 in Germany ()
- Leagues Announced for Fullmetal Alchemist TCG ()
- Del Rey Manga Acquires Gundam SEED Destiny ()
- Viz Media Announces Anniversarry Edition of Shonen Jump ()
- Bandai Visual - Image Entertainment Announcement ()
- JoyRide Announces Fullmetal Alchemist TCG Expansion Plans ()
- Central Park Media Announces Votoms Pre-Orders ()
- ICv2 Graphic Novel Conference at NYC Comic Con ()
- CPM Announces Embracing Love: Book 3 ()
- Manga To Release: KARAS ()
- NYComic-Con Forms Relationship with Wizard Conventions ()
- Gravity Interactive Launches Rose Online ()
Many anime couples don't get even get the chance to confess their feelings, much less tie the knot, but at least these lovebirds managed to take the first step together. These are just seven of the best popped questions. ― Hey guys! I missed you over the last two weeks. I was laid up recovering from a minor medical procedure, but it let me both catch up on this season, last season, and marathon 50-s...
As the first novel in this spinoff series to go beyond the anime adaptation, this is recommended reading for transitioning between the two versions. Theron Martin explores this new content. ― With volume 5, the Sword Oratoria novel series mostly passes beyond the end of its anime adaptation, picking up as Loki Familia is returning to the surface from the climactic events of the anime's final episode;...
Andrew Partridge , founder of Europe's Anime Limited and the Scotland Loves Anime film festival drops by to share his history and insight into the world of European anime distribution. ― ANNCast Episode 324 - Scotland Loves Anime Andrew Partridge, founder of Europe's Anime Limited and the Scotland Loves Anime film festival drops by to share his history and insight into the world of European anime di...
Violet Evergarden and The Ancient Magus' Bride make their bids for the top of the heap as the race grows closer in the final weeks of the Winter season. Find out where your favorites rank! ― Our team of reviewers are following 28 anime series of the Winter 2018 season and readers are rating each episode as the reviews go up. So let's have a look at what ANN readers consider the best (and worst) of t...
How long does it actually take for a production team to create a single episode of anime, end-to-end? ― Mark asked: I have a pretty simple question. About how long prior to a show airing does animation production start? So not pre-production meetings or voice acting or anything like that, but the artists sitting down and drawing the whole dang thing. How much of a lead time do these artists need to ...
The magical world of this hit fantasy anime takes inspiration from a rich history of fairytales and folklore. Rebecca Silverman explores the stories behind the many wonders of Elias and Chise's adventures. ― Kore Yamazaki is a dream of a mangaka. That's not just because she writes moving and fascinating stories that combine a slow, deliberate pace with likable and nuanced characters, but also because...
This sequel to the first action game in the franchise from KOEI-TECMO and Omega Force makes significant improvements on its predecessor, but is it worth a purchase? Heidi Kemps has the answers. ― Omega Force's record with anime and manga adaptations is a bit spotty. We've had disappointments like Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage and Berserk and the Band of the Hawk, but we've also had some real win...
After months of buildup, this fantastical drama has finally delivered a breathtaking climax to Chise's long and difficult journey. We discuss our reactions to this game-changing turn of events. ― After building us up for this moment over twenty-one emotional episodes, The Ancient Magus' Bride has finally delivered a breathtaking climax to Chise's long and difficult journey. This week in anime, Nick a...
It's a bursting pipe of Nintendo news, plus Dark Souls Amiibo, Broly arrives in Dragon Ball Fighterz, plus an interview with Viz Media's Eric Eberhardt on their indie games publishing initiative! ― Sorry folks, no time for a witty intro sequence, we got a whole bucketful of news to get to from Nintendo Direct! Oh BABY. Let's start with the big stuff first: SMASH BROS IS HEADED TO SWITCH Well, what do...
After almost four years adrift on the tides, the boys of eternal summer are back with new adventures in advance of Free! season three this summer. Jacob Chapman dives into this theatrical continuation. ― You know that sequence of heartwarming, lightly comedic images that flashed by during the credits of Free! Eternal Summer's final episode? We saw Makoto and Haruka studying together in college, Nagis...
Bara manga is pretty common in Japan, even if it might not be as widespread as yaoi - so why isn't there any bara anime? Justin has a few angles. ― Harris asked: I confess that I really like bara manga because of its incredible art style, sexy situations (depending on the subject), and most certainly its appeal to gay male readers such as myself. Given the fact that hentai and yaoi titles are often ...
An in-depth behind-the-scenes look at Haoliners, the Chinese animation house that has aggressively entered the television anime market with some success, some failure, and a lot of ambition. ― It is often said that China has a huge impact on the Japanese anime industry. Although the Chinese government has had a habit of restricting access to anime titles even in recent years, the anime market in Chin...
Netflix's new action-packed series boasts an ambitious combo of crime procedural and supernatural epic, but can it combine those elements into a cohesive story? Theron Martin finds out. ― B: The Beginning is a collaboration between Netflix and Production I.G. that was originally advertised in early 2016 as "Perfect Bones". This name change is definitely for the best, since the final version of the st...