- Viz Media Announces the Release of the Shojo Manga Series The Young Master's Revenge ()
- Shining Resonance Refrain, Coming This Summer to the West on PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One and PC ()
- PAC-MAN and Sonic Unite for the First Time on Mobile Platforms ()
- Viz Media Delivers Feline-Inspired Fun With Two New Neko Atsume: Kitty Collector Novelty Books ()
- The Lost Child Finds its Way to Nintendo Switch in North America and Europe in 2018 ()
- AKIRA to Perform at Saboten Con in Phoenix, AZ ()
- Preorders for New Title “Momoiro Closet” Opened on Kickstarter by Visual Novel Developer Frontwing ()
- Anime Boston 2018 Announces its Sixth Round of North American Guests ()
- “Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon: The Musical - Le Mouvement Final” Debuts in Select US Theaters March 10th ()
- Japanese Rock Band ALL OFF to play New Jersey Anime Convention AnimeNEXT ()
- Cyberdimension Neptunia: 4 Goddesses Online Releases Globally on Steam February 27 ()
- Showmaker - Now on Steam Early Access ()
- Arc System Works Unveils SWERY's Newest Game "The Missing" To Be Released in 2018 ()
- GKIDS Acquires North American Rights to Mirai From Acclaimed Director Mamoru Hosoda ()
- Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash Set to Take the Plunge onto PC 7th March 2018 ()
- Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash Set to Take the Plunge onto PCs on March 7, 2018 ()
- Gungho Steam Lunar New Year Sale ()
- Shout! Studios and Funimation Films Bring Highly-Anticipated Chinese Animated Feature “Big Fish & Begonia” To Cinemas in the U.S. and Canada Starting on April 6, 2018 ()
- J-Novel Club Announces the Licensing of "Me, a Genius? I Was Reborn into Another World and I Think They've Got the Wrong Idea!” ()
- Viz Media Announces the Release of The Art of The Secret of World of Arrietty ()
- Aniplex of America Acquires PERSONA5 the Animation and Launches Official U.S. Site ()
- Machine Knight, a New RPG for Nintendo 3DS has Arrived ()
- Meet the Evangelion Pilots in Maple World During MapleStory's New Event ()
- X Japan Named SSE Wembley Arena's Top Concert of 2017 ()
- Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology Puts the Power of Time Travel in Your Hands Today ()
- The Longest Five Minutes is Out Now in North America ()
Loading next article...
just for fun
It's not so relaxed anymore - Laid-Back Camp leaps up 8 PLACES on the chart to dominate this week in user episode rankings! ― Our team of reviewers are following 28 anime series of the Winter 2018 season and readers are rating each episode as the reviews go up. So let's have a look at what ANN readers consider the best (and worst) of the season. Keep in mind that these rankings are based on how peop...
They seem a lot more complex than regular DVD subtitles - how exactly do they get subtitles on bluray discs? Justin has the shockingly complex answer. ― John asked: What are the technical differences between creating subtitles for DVDs and Blu-ry Discs? And were HD-DVDs any better or worse? Subtitles are a pain in the ass. No other part of making a DVD or Blu-ray is as complicated, error-prone, or a...
Part II of our GAINAX tour charts the studio's late-80s rollercoaster ride through incredible success and heartbreaking failure with Nadia, Gunbuster, and The Wings of Honneamise. ― Welcome to Part II of our 4-part history of Studio Gainax. If you missed part I, you can find it right here! Studio GAINAX was one of the first studios to bring together merchandising and anime production under one roof. ...
To celebrate the upcoming Anime Awards, Crunchyroll is excited to announce its partnership with Twitch to exclusively livestream the awards ceremony, live from Hollywood. ― To celebrate the Anime Awards, Crunchyroll is excited to announce its partnership with Twitch to exclusively livestream the awards ceremony, live from Hollywood at at 6:00PM PST on Saturday, February 24th. Follow Crunchyroll's Tw...
Warner Bros. live-action FMA movie has finally arrived on Netflix to surprisingly little fanfare. We discover why this particular project didn't get the U.S. theatrical attention of its peers. ― Warner Bros. live-action FMA film has finally arrived on Netflix to surprisingly little fanfare. This week in anime, Nick and Jacob discover why this particular project didn't get the U.S. theatrical attentio...
Attack on Titan's Bryce Papenbrook and Kill la Kill's David Vincent sit down for a chat about their new approach to connecting fans and voice actors. ― Fans may recognize veteran voice actors Bryce Papenbrook (Attack on Titan, Sword Art Online) and David Vincent (Fate/Zero, Kill La Kill) from their work in a number of anime and video game series, but the two have a unique off-screen collaboration, as...
Heidi takes the Secret of Mana remake for a spin, plus Namco's Catalog IP project, Metal Gear Survive, Dragon Ball FighterZ DLC and a whole lot more! ― It's another one of those slow news weeks, which means I can take a bit of space in this column to babble about something I'm particularly interested in. This week, I've got the perfect excuse to talk about two things I really like: the mobile game Go...
The final arc in the Utena saga has arrived on blu-ray, alongside the opulent Adolescence of Utena film. Rebecca Silverman looks back on how this classic concluded. ― With this final arc of the Revolutionary Girl Utena narrative, the story throws all subtlety out the window. That's not strictly a negative in terms of getting the most out of everything the series has built up, because when the visuals...
Wow! Hundreds of millions of dollars are flowing into the anime industry thanks to streaming! Is any of that money going to the people who actually make anime? Justin gets into it. ― Custom Gundam asked: With ANN recently reporting that Crunchyroll royalties to the Japanese industry exceed US $100 million and also the huge amount recieved from global companies like Netflix and Amazon and also the va...
Take a journey back in time with Daryl Surat, when many people were introduced to anime through heartwarming films like My Neighbor Totoro and Grave of the Fireflies. But what forgotten gems lie sleeping in this long-ago year? ― Every so often, I get questions regarding what the value is in observing what works of popular culture remain worth watching, decades after their creation. But nearly three m...
This beloved 2000s megahit is the newest to get a live-action update to the big screen, now available on Netflix after its theatrical run in Japan. Theron Martin finds out if this movie can live up to fans' expectations. ― Fullmetal Alchemist was one of the most popular and successful anime/manga franchises of the 2000s, so the only surprise surrounding this live-action adaptation might be that it di...
Citrus has turned a few heads with its incestuous twist on lesbian romance. We suss out whether this makes for a juicy love story or just sour pulp. ― Citrus has turned a few heads with its incestuous twist on lesbian romance. This week in anime, Michelle and Steve suss out whether this makes for a juicy love story or just sour pulp. Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by the participants in...
Hiromu Arakawa's pastoral drama about the highs and lows of farm living at an agricultural college is a far cry from Fullmetal Alchemist, but just as rewarding. Rebecca Silverman has the details. ― Hiromu Arakawa's agricultural coming of age tale's anime adaptation reached English-speakers long before now, which makes it feel like a real treat to finally get the chance to read the manga. Based roughl...