- Fox Spirit Matchmaker New PV and New Characters/Cast Release ()
- HIDIVE Beta Acquires Streaming Rights to GATE English Dub ()
- Producer Hideyuki Tomioka To Be Guest At Otakon 2017 ()
- Anime Screenwriter & Novelist Katsuyuki Sumizawa Added To Guest Roster For Otakon 2017 ()
- Voice Actress Shino Kakinuma To Be Guest At Otakon 2017 ()
- Voice Actor Toshio Furukawa To Be Guest At Otakon 2017 ()
- Hop Step Sing! and ChainMan Coming to Japan Character VR Matsuri ()
- HIDIVE Acquires Sagrada Reset for International Streaming ()
- HIDIVE Acquires Armed Girl's Machiavellism for International Streaming ()
- HIDIVE Acquires Anonymous Noise for International Streaming ()
- Fate/Grand Order Invites Fans to Anime Expo 2017 ()
- Yoshiki Makes First Post-Surgery Appearance For Tokyo Press Conference ()
- Koei Tecmo America Details New Combat Features for Dynasty Warriors 9 Alongside New Trailer ()
- Lupin The 3rd: Italian Game US Premiere at Anime Expo 2017 and Launch of Official English Website ()
- Sega Forever Makes Getting Classic Games Cost-Effective, Convenient ()
- English Dub of School-Live! to Stream on Hidive ()
- HIdive Beta Acquires Streaming Rights to Chivalry of a Failed Knight English Dub ()
- Udon's New Street Fighter™ Swimsuit Special Receives a Super-Exclusive Cover ()
- Mistwalker's "Terra" Universe Expands ()
- Section23 Films Announces October Slate ()
- Hidive LLC Acquires Assets of Anime Network Online ()
- Limited Edition Infini-T Force Manga Premieres at Anime Expo 2017 ()
- VR Rhythm Game Airtone is Available on Oculus Store and Steam ()
- MangaGamer Announces Surprise Guest for Anime Expo ()
- Viz Media Welcomes the English Voice Cast of Sailor Moon, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and Boruto at Anime Expo 2017 ()
- Viz Media Announces a Wide Range of Activities and Convention Exclusives for Anime Expo 2017 ()
- New Anime Streaming Service, HIDIVE, Launches as Beta with Dubs, Live-Chat, and More ()
- God Wars Future Past For PS4 And PS Vita Is Out Now In North America & Free DLC ()
- New Yu-Gi-Oh! Posters Coming Soon to US, Canada and Mexico as 4K Media Completes Licensing Deal with Trends International ()
Mike devours the Sound! Euphonium and Legend of the Galactic Heroes novels and then can't help but compare them to their anime adaptations? Which is better: the book or the movie? ― You can tell what a big anime nerd I am because of all of the books I've been reading lately. Just in the past couple of months, I've killed off the first of Hayao Miyazaki's essential two-part essay collection, Starting ...
Shy Yamada falls for school track star Kase-san in the first volume of this sugary-sweet yuri series. Rebecca Silverman has the details. ― In the increasingly diverse world of English-language yuri, Hiromi Takashima's Kase-san and Morning Glories stands out as particularly adorable. While it shares some themes with Milk Morinaga's Secret of the Princess in terms of wondering if having a lesbian relat...
Sometimes your first kiss is magical, but if you're an anime character, this adolescent milestone can get too weird for comfort. Here are six first kisses that the smoochers might want to forget. ― A first kiss can be a special, a treasured moment shared between two romantic partners. Or it can be haphazardly stolen by some jerk trying to one-up his friend or caused by a pratfall down a flight of st...
My Monster Secret kicks into high gear with a pair of wild rambling adventures in its fifth volume. Nick Creamer digs into the action. ― The last two volumes of My Monster Secret have seen the manga drifting through a variety of chapter-length adventures, before settling into the more long-form and ultimately satisfying trip to Shiragami's parents' house. In light of the events of volume five, it see...
Zac and special guest Dawn from the Anime Nostalgia Podcast reveal their undying love for Rumiko Takahashi, titan of manga, creator of timeless classics like Urusei Yatsura, Ranma 1/2 and more. ― ANNCast Episode 300 - Rumiko Talkahashi Zac and special guest Dawn from the Anime Nostalgia Podcast reveal their undying love for Rumiko Takahashi, titan of manga, creator of timeless classics like Urusei Y...
We're not used to smash hit anime coming from China, but they have a bonafide success in The King's Avatar - here's everything you need to know about the phenomenon. ― It seems fair to say that every country has its own basic style or flavor of animation. When we think of Asian animated works, most of us go immediately to anime, the Japanese variant, and it certainly is among the most prevalent and a...
Ten years before Princess Elizabeth set out to find Meliodas and the other Sins, her older sister Margaret and Gilthunder struggle to keep a terrible secret in this prequel to The Seven Deadly Sins. Rebecca Silverman investigates. ― If you're a casual fan of Nakaba Suzuki's manga The Seven Deadly Sins or its anime adaptation, you should be aware that this novel is intended to be read either after the...
just for fun
Attack on Titan races up the charts as the Spring anime season closes out! How did your favorite anime fare in our weekly user rankings? ― Our team of reviewers are following 27 anime series of the Spring 2017 season and readers are rating each episode as the reviews go up. So let's have a look at what ANN readers consider the best (and worst) of the season. Keep in mind that these rankings are base...
Dustin goes a few rounds with Nintendo's noodle-armed fighting game for the Switch just in time for the summer. PLUS: Konami controversy, Rap Rabbit's demise, Sega Forever and more! ― Even covering it from the comfort of a home office, the sheer volume of E3 was positively exhausting. My heart goes out to the poor writers in the trenches, and even more to the poor fans who paid money for the mostly u...
Is this slice of life comedy about convenience store candy a sugar rush worth indulging, or is it just as frivolously forgettable as its subject matter? Nick Creamer finds out. ― Anime has already offered us long-running dramas about baking bread and entire franchises predicated on idols fighting interstellar wars, so it's tough to be surprised by basically any premise these days. Slice of life in pa...